Supervisor - CN, Weekend Shift
The objective of this role is to allow seamless business practices between MacLean Power Systems and internal and external customers. Candidates must be self-motivated team players with strong leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. In addition a candidate must also have the ability to provide direction and guidance to direct reports and foster cross-functional relationships with other team members. Candidates will perform a variety of complicated tasks relying on experience and judgment to accomplish goals. Additionally, a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes labor force by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Completes production plan by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems; reporting results of the processing by using KPI.
- Identify and champion implementation of continuous improvement projects focused around improving safety, quality, delivery, and productivity.
- Provide support to the Engineering groups for prototypes, tooling equipment, and design modifications.
- Addresses quality issues and drive root cause analysis while implementing corrective actions to eliminate defects.
- Drive accountability among associates to ensure expectations are achieved and sustained.
- Ensure that all subordinates are aware of and fully trained on the MPS Quality Policy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess analytical ability
Computer literate with strong spreadsheet analysis skills.
Directly supervises the Floor shop production. Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; mentoring employees; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees and maintaining harmony among employees and resolving grievances. Prepares necessary reports to analyze and track performance. Maintains good housekeeping of area and ensures safe work environment for all employees.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
· 3-5 years in supervisory experience in a high-volume mix manufacturing plant
· Exposure to Six Sigma a plus
· Background in project management
· Ability to lead cross-functionally
· Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Type de paie Salaire
- Études requises Baccalauréat
- Trenton, Tennessee 38382, États-Unis