Scope of Job:
The Solar Technician is responsible for performing preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of project equipment related to any aspect of a utility solar plant. This position, under specific direction from the site manager, maintains utility solar plant, including but not limited to preventive maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Maintains adherence to Company policies, environmental health and safety policies and good housekeeping practices;
- Operate and care for company property and equipment in an efficient and safe manner;
- Work safely and willing to seek guidance for any work which they are unfamiliar or do not feel competent to perform safely;
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on utility power solar plants;
- Diagnose and troubleshoot various project system issues such as inverters, switchgears, transformers, breakers, communication equipment, etc.;
- Perform reactive maintenance on utility solar plants;
- Ensure tasks are performed according to organizational requirements for quality management and environmental, health and safety standards, policies and procedures;
- Efficiently complete service orders, preventative maintenance/reactive maintenance documentation, time confirmation and any other required paperwork/documentation for the specific project/assignment, on a daily basis;
- Must be willing to participate in the on-call rotational schedule outside normal operation hours (including nights and weekends) responding to emergency service or project equipment issues;
- Safely escort/oversee third party technicians/contractors on-site as required;
- All additional duties as assigned by the Site Manager or his/her designee.
- 3 years combined work/education experience as an Electrical/Mechanical maintenance technician in the renewable energy (Solar or Wind) environment;
- Must have High Voltage experience (115-230 kV)
- Experience with Substation Switching, Maintenance
- A secondary technical education (College or University) is a desirable asset;
- Ability to work without direct supervision;
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions;
- Capability to perform physical work including lifting heavy weights;
- Must have Valid G driver’s license;
- Maintain Canadian passport, with the ability to travel to the US.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written (English);
- Ability to follow good communication skills, verbal and written (English);
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner;
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Must have basic computer skills including familiarity with MS Office programs (e.g. Excel and Word);
- Working knowledge of LOTO criteria;
- Understand hourly plant production output targets and what to do If there is any danger of not meeting them, execute a plan for correction or elevate appropriately;
- Ability to identify potential problems and suggest changes and/or corrective actions;
- Electrical experience (high voltage, medium voltage, low voltage, AC/DC voltage);
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to:
- Extreme outdoor weather conditions, including cold, heat, rain, wind, etc.;
- High voltage equipment hazards;
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the company:
EDF Renewables provides a comprehensive benefit package to all regular full-time employees. Some of the highlights of our plan include: medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; Long and Short-Term disability; vacation and sick pay; paid holidays; and pension contributions. EDF Renewables’ employment plan offers a well-rounded and wide-reaching group of benefits, designed to limit employee's out-of-pocket costs, provided detailed benefits and enhance the personal side of life for our employees.
- Famille d’emplois Field Tech
- Fonction professionnelle A02
- Type de paie À heure
- London, ON, Canada