Equestrian Center Camp Wrangler
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Supports the equestrian program and all equine related services for camp in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
1. Participate in the overall Horsemanship program and supervise participants in the programs.
2. Care for and repair equipment.
3. Feed and provide water to the livestock and assist in all areas of cleaning that pertain to the livestock.
4. Responsible for saddling and unsaddling the horses for program participants.
5. Report any incidents immediately to their immediate supervisor.
6. Inspect activity areas; ensure no hazards are present and set boundaries and the safety and well-being of the participants.
7. Work with the members of the equestrian team and support the work of the group.
8. Ensures that respect for the backgrounds, and needs of all participant and staff are integrated into both program planning and implementation.
9. Maintain positive role model and attitude.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Community- Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Communication- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Developing Others- Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Decision Making- Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Quality Results- Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Emotional Maturity- Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
Must be 16 years of age.
ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro).
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience working with livestock.
Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings.
- Tipo de pago Por hora
- Fecha de inicio del trabajo sábado, 1 de junio de 2019
- Camp Carter, Fort Worth, Texas, Estados Unidos de América