Network Risk Adjustment, Associate, Chart Procurement Specialist_B
Associate, Chart Procurement Specialist_B
Status: Associate II, Full-time, Exempt: No
Referral Bonus: Standard
Talent Acquisition Representative: David Przybylo, firstname.lastname@example.org
This position works with provider offices to obtain medical records for the purpose of the Risk Adjustment team validating diagnoses that were sent to CMS (Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services). Works to collect medical records under a sometimes very strict deadline. Contacts local provider offices to schedule appointments to obtain medical records using a laptop and mobile scanner within the provider office. Makes follow up calls and field provider inquiries regarding payments and chart collection. Travels to local provider offices. Interacts with physicians and office staff in person, by phone, fax or email. Builds and maintains a rapport with local provider offices. Learns new EMR systems on the fly as they arise and make decisions on the best way to obtain medical records off those systems. Works with I.T. on remote access to provider offices. Scans, downloads, merges and renames patient charts and other records. Completes provider payment and invoice tracking/processing. Works with MVP Provider Relations Representatives as needed to address provider concerns and needs. Updates and works with work lists in Chart Navigator 4.0. Research issues as needed and documents accordingly. Attend department and team meetings. Performs other duties as assigned.
AAS degree with 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and complimentary experience preferred.
One year experience in a claims processing, health care/provide office setting or related position required.
• Proven ability to use effective time management skills and excellent organizational skills
• Detail oriented with proven ability to produce quality work.
• Good problem solving skills and ability to learn and make decisions on the fly
• Proven communication and adaptability skills in sometimes difficult situations with provider offices in various working environments. Strong communication skills including problem resolution.
• Ability to adapt to various working environments and situations
• Experience using Microsoft Windows; Outlook and Excel, Strong Knowledge and Expert Level of Excel required
• Maintain composure in difficult situations
• Must have valid NYS Driver’s License
• Must be willing to work flexible hours depending on business needs
• Ability to travel to and from provider offices using personal vehicle
Competencies and skills:
* Accuracy - Checks the accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on. Rarely makes obvious mistakes. Prepares and carefully reviews figures, computations, reports, etc.
* Maintains Confidentiality - Preserves confidences. Evokes trust and candor during and after confidential discussions. Gets permission upfront to divulge private information. Shares information in discussions and negotiations to minimum necessary to achieve results. Abides by company and departmental regulations and confidentiality policies.
* Customer Service - Provides prompt and courteous service. Takes the time to uncover the customer’s real needs and provides solutions that directly relate to customers' requests. Provides solutions that directly related to customers requests or anticipated needs. Works constantly to provide superior value to the customer, making each interaction a positive one. Shows enthusiasm when interacting with customers. Patiently and calmly tolerates rude customers; apologizes sincerely for inconveniences.
* Independence - Takes action and makes decisions independently. Works effectively without immediate supervision. Works resourcefully.
* Time Management / Prioritization - Prioritizes various competing tasks and performs them efficiently according to their urgency. Establishes specific goals to accomplish work in a timely manner. Ensures others receive needed materials in time. Keeps all parties informed of progress and all relevant changes to project timelines. Uses time efficiently. Stays on schedule.
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Network Management & Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Job Start Date Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- Tarrytown Office, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America