Underwriting Professional, Underwriting Systems
Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
Development and maintenance of data and formulas in rating tools.
Lead on implementation of new tools and rating methodologies, including vendor communication. Ad hoc reporting as needed from both underwriting systems and companywide data sources. Works with Actuarial to ensure updates to filings are implemented and tested in quoting tools. Works with FP&A to develop pricing for ancillary and ASO products. Provides training and assistance on data reporting for the rest of the department, other as assigned by manager. Provides reporting and analysis on quote results. May assist with underwriting and preparation of new business proposals. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. Coursework in Math, Finance and/or IT preferred.
2 years work with healthcare data and/or underwriting. Systems administration experience in other industries also considered.
• Extensive knowledge of database structures and extraction tools
• Experience with SQL - simple queries and unions
• Microsoft Access and Excel (VB preferred
• Ability to adapt to other company specific systems & software
• Detail oriented
• Configuration experience with Stepwise
• Project management experience
• Knowledge of TSQL - procedures and functions• Experience with SSIS and SSRS - designing reports from scratch #ZIP
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Finance/Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, Schenectady, New York, United States of America