Pharmacy, Associate, Pharmacy Specialist
Status: Full-time, Exempt: No
This position will help licensed pharmacists take care of many of the daily operations of the pharmacy department. Including, but not limited: Calling Providers, members, and pharmacies. Providing drug-related information to Customer Care Center and other internal departments. Managing incoming faxes requesting drug coverage; Determining eligibility and pre-authorization necessity, obtaining additional information and initiating cases for review when appropriate. Preparing cases for review by Pharmacists. Ensuring proper verbal/written notification is made to Providers and Members for cases. Performs copying, filing, faxing and other clerical duties as needed by the department. Performs special projects and other duties and be cross-trained in selected functions as assigned.
Minimum Education: AAS degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Completion of Pharmacy Technician course preferred.
Minimum Experience: 1-2 years relevant insurance, medical or healthcare experience involving prescription medication services and customer service experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Basic MS Excel and MS Word skills
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with stressful calls in a calm and diplomatic manner
• Familiarity with healthcare benefits, pharmacy and medical terminology
• Previous experience requiring strict adherence to confidentiality
• Superior attention to detail and time management skills
• Ability to sit at workstation for long periods of time in front of computer
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Pharmacy
- Pay Type Hourly
- Headquarters Office, Schenectady, New York, United States of America
- Rochester Office, Rochester, New York, United States of America