Premium Billing & Collections Associate
Premium Billing & Collections Associate, AR
Status: Full-time, Exempt: No
The role is responsible for overseeing, reconciling, auditing and tracking of all assigned accounts which include Group accounts, Off Exchange Individuals, CHP (Child Health Plus), EP/QHP On-Exchange Individuals. Responsible for insuring that all premiums are collected in a timely manner from groups, members and government entities. Maintaining and ensuring that all appropriate accounts are being submitted to collections on a monthly basis. Works closely with multiple
internal departments to provide excellence in servicing employer group and
direct bill accounts. Responsible for overseeing and assisting with customer
service form queues to ensure there is a 24 hour turnaround in all urgent
issues and a 48 hour turnaround on non-urgent issues. Interacts directly
with internal and external customers to ensure correct enrollment, billing, and
collection activity. Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to regulatory
compliance issues as they exist and change from time to time. Perform other
related duties as assigned.
Education: Associate degree in accounting, finance, or business related field,
or High School diploma and extensive experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and perform
a variety of tasks with close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion in
dealing with confidential member, financial, and company-sensitive
- Demonstrated commitment to serving the customer
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and
communication skills and ability to deal with stressful phone calls in a
calm and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent computer experience including MS Excel, MS
Word, MS Access.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced work environment
- Two or more years of experience in an accounts receivable position
- Experience using report writing / query tools. #Zip
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Finance/Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Headquarters Office, Schenectady, New York, United States of America