Provider Engagement, Professional, Population Health Management
This position is a critical role within MVP, supporting the successful transition of our participating providers to Value-Based Payment (VBP) and the achievement of the triple aim.
PHMP professionals will be assigned to support the Regional VBP Leaders and the management of relationships and VBP contracting efforts with MVP’s strategic provider network partners in order to realize quality goals; support care coordination of patients; address social determinants of health; support integration of care management functions with MVP and provider partners; promote efficiency through supporting adherence to evidence based medicine; educate on correct coding and track performance metrics. This individual is responsible to exhibit an enduring commitment to working collaboratively with providers and support MVP's engagement approach for our provider partners’ success in value-based care models. Support the implementation of MVP VBP playbooks. Align VBP efforts and communication across all MVP business units. Enhance provider satisfaction. Responsible for building rapport and relationships with these strategic IPA’s/ACO’s (where applicable), physicians and practices and community-based organizations.
• Support Regional VBP Leaders in developing an understanding of the needs and goals of our participating providers as they transition into VBP and Integrated Behavioral Health; to successfully take on increasing levels of risk.
• Providing contracting support for the Regional VBP Leaders.
• Scheduling, coordinating and documenting partner interactions.
• The generation, dissemination and education on MVP data and reports and toolkits to assigned provider partners to optimize and achieve goals.
• Coordination of information for provider partners, including ad hoc analyses, metrics tracking and extra definition.
• Gathering information needed from provider partners and supporting efforts to align provider and MVP goals/initiatives.
• Support the creation of strategic account plans, contracting and settlement schedules and KPIs.
• Identification and coordination of additional MVP resources needed to support provider improvement efforts.
• Works with provider partners to gather information and relevant feedback and share that information with the appropriate parties at MVP through frequent communication.
• Represent MVP at provider partner, regional and internal meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned as assigned by management.
BA/BS in business, health care administration or related field preferred. Equivalent amount of education and related experience considered.
Minimum Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience working with physician practices, provider contracting or other relevant experience.
• Experience in Health or Business Administration, social work, nursing or informatics is preferred.
• Other areas of desirable experience include: • Health plan or provider experience • Experience supporting provider contracting and negotiating • Value-based payment program experience
• General knowledge of Population Health including quality and evidence-based medicine
• Account Management support Required Skills
• Detail-oriented worker with excellent organizational skills, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Presentation, written and public speaking skills - must be able to present an overall professional image for the company.
• Ability to analyze financial data required
• Ability to effectively evaluate health care data, including an understanding of claims and clinical information;
• Problem solving skills based on experience, subject matter expertise, and objective data analysis
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Access, Visio and Word).
• Ability to work effectively with little supervision especially while in the field;
• Must be willing to travel extensively within the MVP service area and expansion areas. Preferred Skills:
• Knowledge of administrative datasets (i.e. claims, eligibility etc.) reporting /analytic uses (e.g. cost and utilization reporting, disease management, quality measurement etc.) and terminology (e.g. PMPM, and per 1000 measures, HEDIS and NQF quality measurement, diagnosis/procedure codes, episode groupers, risk adjustment, etc.)
• Project Management experience • Program Management experience
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Network Management & Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Start Date Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- 220 Alexander St, Rochester, NY 14607, USA