Professional, Employee Relations
This role will support the main processes of the Employee Relations (ER) function of HR and will actively contribute to the planning, coordination and execution of strategic and operational initiatives.
This role will support the following from an Employee Relations perspective: Develops and implements human resource policies, programs, processes and guidelines designed to meet the needs of the company, promote retention and promote positive employee relations and strong corporate culture. Supports the ER team in working with the HR Talent Acquisition and Development teams and management to create organizational structures that align with business strategies and industry best practices. Supports the consistent investigation process of employee relations issues corporate-wide, such as: working conditions, corrective actions, employee grievances, and FMLA use. Provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental leadership and individuals. Supports organizational restructurings with ER team and management to assure full consideration of human capital needs, existing resources and applicable employment laws. Assures all required documentation is completed based on applicable laws and internal procedures. Provides suggestions on updates for HR Policies and Procedures.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.Masters Degree, PHR/SPHR or equivalent SHRM designation is preferred.
Minimum Experience: 2+ years of professional level HR experience required.
- Superior skills in interpersonal interactions, e.g., business partnering, conflict management, consulting, mentoring, coaching, and team building; and meeting facilitation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead large initiatives and teams with multiple deliverables, complex communication and training plans, and multi-level cross-functional stakeholder buy-in
- MS Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point). Familiarity with HRIS software
- Some travel including overnight stays periodically may be required.
Knowledge and/or experience in employee relations and/or federal and state (NY, VT) employment law
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Tarrytown Office, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America