Professional, Pharmacy Program Management
This individual will perform and be cross-trained in selected departmental job functions as assigned. These include, but are not limited to: Working as part of team to coordinate all aspects of P+T Committee, with appropriate notification to physician, member, and vendor; Supporting the QI pharmacy initiatives, as well as disease state management functions of the pharmacy department; Providing drug related and benefit information to member services, provider relations, utilization management and medical directors; Coordinating pharmacy profiling activities with internal customers; Evaluating and identifying aberrant prescribing patterns from prescription and medical claims data, with potential physician consultation; Creating and distributing physician and member educational materials; Working with key employer accounts to implement specific pharmaceutical benefits, provide reporting, and act as liaison to marketing team and employer group. Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: BS degree in Pharmacy or Pharm. D.; Current registration and licensure by New York State Board of Pharmacy or ability to obtain licensure prior to employment.
Minimum Experience: Minimum of 5 years as a licensed, practicing pharmacist in a retail practice or 3 years in a non-dispensing clinical practice. Minimum of 2 years in a health care environment or managed care pharmacy, or residency preferred.
• Ability to work well in a team environment with internal and external customers, practitioners and members.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with stressful situations in a calm and diplomatic manner.
• Exceptional organizational and strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Exceptional clinical skills and ability to independently apply sound clinical judgement to a variety of situations.
• Superior attention to detail and time management skills; strong project management skills.
• Intermediate MS Word and MS Excel skills.
• Familiarity with healthcare benefits, pharmacy and medical terminology, and pharmacy claims adjudication process.
• Ability to sit at a workstation for long periods of time in front of a computer.
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Pharmacy
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, Schenectady, New York, United States of America
- Rochester Office, Rochester, New York, United States of America