Leader, Regional VBP Account Management
Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
The role is responsible for Provider Partner business development, strategic account management, negotiating VBP and alternate payment model contracts in the region and implementing strategic account plans. The individual works with Network VBP leadership, team members, key leaders/contributors across the organization, as well as key leaders/contributors from outside MVP to develop, negotiate, implement and oversee value-based contract models and alternate payment models for the region, including: Shared Savings and Risk Models, Capitation, Global Payments, Bundles, Incentive Plans and other non FFS reimbursement models. The role represents MVP on regional collaboratives and leads internal and external meetings with business partners for the development and management of long-term Provider Relationships and VBP Arrangements. The position is expected to be an active participant in Payment Reform activities and to support the design, implementation and program management and evaluation of the value-based contracts and programs in the region. Produces strategic account plans to support provider engagement, as well as program implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Ensures the establishment and tracking of contracting and financial and quality settlements, as well as coordinates other key milestones and deliverables. Oversees the provision and analysis of scheduled, as well as ad hoc, data requests, information and reports. Supports the response to VBP, Advanced Primary Care, regulatory or government surveys as needed. The Leader is responsible for hiring, supervision and training of Population Health Manager. In addition to these primary responsibilities, the Leader will perform other duties as assigned in fulfillment of MVP’s broader VBP and Network Strategy goals.
BA/BS in business, health care administration or related field preferred.
Equivalent amount of education and related experience considered.
At least three years of health plan or provider experience
At least three years of increasing responsibilities in working with providers and provider organizations
Minimum of two years of increasing experience in the Value Based Care programs or Population Health experience
Minimum of two years’ experience managing team members
Minimum of two years’ provider contracting and negotiating experience
• Detail-oriented worker with excellent organizational skills, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Strong presentation, written and public speaking skills
• Excellent leadership and training skills
• Contracting and negotiating experience
• Business development and strategic account management
• Strong financial background, ability to analyze financial data required
• Ability to effectively evaluate health care data
• Strength in problem solving based on experience, subject matter expertise, and objective data analysis
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software
• (Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Access, Visio and Word).
• Ability to travel as needed required
• Knowledge of clinical workflows and/or clinical experience is a plus but not required
• Knowledge of administrative datasets (i.e. claims, eligibility etc.) reporting /analytic uses (e.g. cost and utilization reporting, disease management, quality measurement etc.) and terminology (e.g. PMPM, and per 1000 measures, HEDIS and NQF quality measurement, diagnosis/procedure codes, episode groupers, risk adjustment, etc.)
• Project Management experience
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Network Management & Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Rochester Office, Rochester, New York, United States of America
- Tarrytown Office, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America