Sr. Leader, Network Strategic Account Management
Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
The role tasked with effectively engaging our par providers to successfully make the transition from Fee-For-Service to Value-Based Payment (VBP), Alternate Payment Models (APM) and Integrated Behavioral Health. With NYS and CMS supporting this transformation, and MVP wholly committed to it, this position will oversee, under the direction of senior leadership the engagement of provider partners in sustainable VBP arrangements, VBP and APM contracting, strategic account management and collaboration with partners on targeted interventions designed to achieve the Triple Aim. Tasks will include leading the team responsible for: implementing a comprehensive strategic account planning framework and processes; the inclusion and implementation of a Population Health Management approach in orchestrated collaboration with Actuarial Services, Medical Management, Informatics and other key internal and external stakeholders to support provider success in VBP; implementing the MVP VBP Playbooks that are developed by the Senior Leader, Network Strategy and Programs via internal VBP workgroups; creating innovative tools and materials to support provider engagement; support the definition and implementation of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related VBP engagement; publishing account management plans, along with contract timelines and KPIs; development of VBP proposals and contracting, seamless implementation of VBP contracts and monitoring performance; oversee the scheduling and delivery of financial and quality settlements; presenting MVP’s VBP strategy to internal and external stakeholders; responding to external and internal VBP program surveys and audits as needed; and ongoing business development and provider account management. The role will exhibit an enduring commitment to developing and mentoring their team and to working collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders to forge the path for quality improvement, membership growth and VBP success for our provider partners.
Job duties for the role include:
• Leads team responsible for engaging providers throughout the value-based payment agreement life cycle; from proposal, contracting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Develop an understanding of the needs and goals of our participating providers as they transition into VBP and Integrated Behavioral Health; to successfully take on increasing levels of risk.
• Facilitates the development of provider relationships ensuring that MVP provides an unmatched level of strategic account management service
• Builds rapport and relationships with physicians and practices using a poised and persuasive communication style
• Works with provider partners to gather information and relevant feedback and share that information with the appropriate parties at MVP through frequent communication
• Regularly implement and provide input with respect to the evolution of MVP’s VBP Playbook and standardized VBP tools
• Constantly share Population Health Management Toolkits with the provider community that will allow them to be successful in VBP and Integrated Behavioral Health
• Create materials that will support provider engagement at every level of transformation from initial engagement activities to press releases, presenting at VBP/APM conferences, local learning sessions, award programs, etc. Host MVP partner conference.
• Publish strategic account plans, contracting and settlement schedules and KPIs
• Develop policies, procedures, workflows, boot camps and training materials to support VBP contracting and Population Health Management within MVP. Hire and train the appropriate staff.
• Cultivate and create case studies and success stories to help position MVP’s work in VBP and Integrated Behavioral Health on the national, regional and local stage.
• Possesses the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions
• Embraces innovation and creativity, and drives towards implementing practical, timely solutions
• Performs other duties as assigned.
BA/BS in business, health care administration or related field. Masters or professional degree preferred. Equivalent amount of education and related experience considered.
At least seven years of health care experience including management of personnel
At least five years of increasing responsibilities in working with providers and provider organizations. At least three years of increasing experience in the Value Based Payment programs, Alternate Payment Models or Population Health Experience highly preferred.
Minimum of three years’ experience working with healthcare data
• Excellent leadership and management skills with a demonstrated ability to hire, develop and mentor personnel
• Strategic account management and business development experience
• Demonstrated ability to influence individuals and groups in results-focused collaboration
• Contracting and negotiation experience
• Strong oral, written and public speaking/presentation skills
• Comfortable working on simultaneous and diverse projects and activities
• Problem-solving, action orientation
• Demonstrated ability to lead individuals and groups to achieve results-focused collaboration
• Ability to generate and consider innovative ideas
• Strength in problem-solving based on experience, subject matter expertise, and objective data analysis
• Knowledge of clinical care processes and workflows
• Strong analytical experience with the ability to analyze administrative clinical and financial data
• Knowledge of administrative datasets (i.e. claims, eligibility, etc.) reporting /analytic uses (e.g. cost and utilization reporting, disease management, quality measurement etc.) and terminology (e.g. PMPM, and per 1000 measures, diagnosis/procedure codes, HEDIS and NQF quality measures, episode groupers, risk adjustment, etc.)
• Travel as required throughout MVP Health Care’s service area
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, Visio and Word).
• Experience leading through innovation and change management
• Knowledge of clinical workflows and/or clinical experience is a plus but not required
• Working knowledge of process improvement and project management
Knowledge of CRM system implementation and adoption
Experience collaborating with providers and/or regulators
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Network Management & Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, Schenectady, New York, United States of America