Status: Full-time, Exempt: Yes
This role will provide support to the company in performing necessary day-to-day Actuarial tasks. Assists
in premium rate development for MVP’s blocks of business. Develops, refreshes and analyzes financial
forecasts and projections. Reviews actuarial models used to project future claim liabilities. Works to
analyze MVP’s financial statements. Analyzes and refines current methodologies used for premium rate
development and reserving. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science or related field. Additionally, successful completion of at least one
Actuarial Exam is preferred with aspirations of attaining Associateship or Fellowship in the Society of
Internship or full-time work experience in a business setting preferred.
• Self-motivated individual with strong analytical skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in time-sensitive environment
• Ability to work independently as well as work effectively as a member of a team
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities.
• Interpersonal and customer-focused communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word
• Knowledge of the healthcare industry
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Actuarial
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, Schenectady, New York, United States of America