Professional, CRM Business Process Engineer
Status: Full-time, Exempt
This role will be responsible for the mapping the “as is state”, the “desired end state” and the steps necessary to evolve. Will focus on process measurement, change management and optimization of MVP’s CRM processes across the enterprise. Focus on research and development – enabling new technologies to enhance current business processes. Assures new processes and sub-processes integrate appropriately with other business processes. Responsible for continued maintenance to and formal amendment of all managed CRM processes. Monitors and evaluates all processes to inform and streamline operations. Collects and interprets data related to process operations and presents findings on data to recommend opportunities for improvement. Facilitates change management and problem management meetings. Facilitates retrospective meetings as needed following change implementation for reviewing risk and impact assessment, lessons learned, or incidents that resulted from change activities. Provides guidance in the training, development and administration of process compliance procedures. Ensures compliance with customer and company standards. Provides technical advice on processing technology, capability, risks, costs. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in experience technical job experience
3+ years’ experience with identifying all the processes in an organization or department and prioritizing them in order of redesign urgency. 3+ years’ experience diagnosing and improving business processes and increasing efficiency. Experience working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
5+ years expertise with analyzing past trends, monitoring workflow, making predictions, developing business process models, recommending enhancements and assisting stakeholders in making business process decisions.
Business Process Engineering and/or Process Optimization certification
Understanding of healthcare insurance industry
Understanding of digital platforms and systems including CRM’s, portals, etc.
- Business process expertise
- High level of logical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Analytical thinking
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously with a high level of autonomy and independence
- Flexibility and adaptable personality to handle shifting needs, evolving priorities and urgent situations that arise
- Detail orientation with strong organizational skills
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts quickly
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to formulate and express ideas clearly and effectively in verbal and written presentations
- Ability to collaborate across teams with strong interpersonal skills
Ability to tolerate stress
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Family Claims/Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, Schenectady, New York, United States of America