Mktg Reps - Sullivan/Ulster, Associate, Outreach Representative
Associate, Outreach Representative
The Outreach Representative conducts individual and group Field Outreach activities throughout their regions; promotes MVP throughout their regions, and conducts public presentations on MVP products. The Outreach Representative must provide fair and impartial information to individual Marketplace customers regarding coverage options available through the NY State of Health Marketplace. They help facilitate enrollment in Qualified Health Plans (QHPs), insurance affordability programs, Medicaid and Child Health Plus as permitted under federal and state guidelines. Subjected to a flexible schedule, including a minimum of two evenings per week as well on two weekend days per month. Must work two events every month. Local travel is required. Outreach sites may require proof of immunizations, drug testing and additional background checks in order for Outreach Representatives to be present at those sites. Outreach Representatives will participate in these screenings/or provide proof when requested. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and directly related experience.
Two years in customer service or sales environment required.
Some experience in health care (hospital, medical office, health insurance) industry strongly preferred.
Experience working for a health insurance company strongly preferred.
Broad based knowledge of a variety of insurance plans (government and commercial plans) strongly preferred.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate with a diverse clientele in a compassionate, fair and accurate manner.
• Must be self-directed, confident and able to flex communication and presentation skills to the needs of the customers they are serving.
• Ability to work independently, with little direct supervision, along with ability to work in a team.
• Must obtain Certified Application Counselor (CAC), also referred to as Plan Assistor or NYS Market Place Facilitated Enroller, certification within 90 days from date of hire.
• A high level of personal integrity and the ability to represent the company in a professional and courteous manner at all times, both internally and externally.
• Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word.
• Some lifting/transporting of heavy materials (brochures, equipment, etc.).
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
• Bilingual (Spanish preferred).
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Outreach
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tarrytown Office, Tarrytown, New York, United States of America