IT Audit and Risk Management
This position will primarily support IT Audit, Compliance and Risk Management activities required to enable our organization to reach its
goals. As part of the IT Governance team, the incumbent may also assist with governance initiatives in other areas.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
Business Resilience– Working with business leaders and technology leaders, to prepare for disruptive events and keep the business operating as usual during a disaster. Specifically, develop risk assessments, business impact analyses, emergency
response and crisis communication plans, business continuity plans. Conduct functional and tabletop testing of business processes, supporting applications, and workaround strategies, and report the appropriate risks and concerns to executive management. Coordinate with external agencies and vendors to ensure dependencies are documented and tested and risks are identified. Work with IT Security to understand technology recovery solutions and corresponding disaster recovery plans. Collaborate with business units to create and maintain business continuity plans that focus on business continuity workarounds and procedures that ensure minimum service level objectives are met during a disruption. Manage the annual Disaster Recovery process.
Training and Education – Develop education and training materials around audit impacts, controls and business resilience. Develop and implement plans for dissemination and presentation of these materials to business leaders and co-workers
Audit & Compliance– Supports the IT Governance team via compliance and audit activities with internal and external auditors including providing regular management status reporting. Leads IT compliance projects to monitor and assess actions needed for any identified weaknesses.
Record and Information Management– Support the implementation of department procedures focused on record retention and destruction, ensuring compliance with enterprise level policies and external regulatory requirements
Customer Orientation– Maintains positive customer relations and overall customer satisfaction with external as well as internal IT customers.
Perform the role in a manner which supports our IT goals and guiding principles.
Minimal travel between MVP offices, including overnight travel.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
College diploma or university degree or equivalent
experience required in Health Care Administration/Insurance, Business
Administration, Computer Science or related field.
2-5 years or experience working with cross functional teams
3-5 years of IT audit, compliance or risk management program
• Health care / health insurance experience is preferred.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to compose policies and procedures.
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills to resolve issues timely and using sound judgment to improve processes and drive change
• Strong desktop computer skills, including expert knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
• Certified Business Continuity Professional or Master Business Continuity Professional preferred.
• Must be comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently
• Able to manage time effectively and work independently without direct supervision
• Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
* Communication - Provides clear, concise information to others in a variety of formats (verbal, written, electronic, etc.). Listens actively and
empathetically to the views of others. Asks the appropriate questions to ensure that all relevant facts are considered before a decision is made or an action is initiated. Helps others consider new perspectives. Delivers critical information to all stakeholders/everyone involved. Seeks to clarify ambiguity. Utilizes communication technology.
* Innovation - Challenges “the way it has always been done." Supports an environment that encourages experimentation, rewards risk taking, reinforces curiosity and challenges the status quo through freedom and openness without judgment. Uses creativity to develop unique ideas, products and/or solutions.
Takes reasonable risks and is not afraid to fail. Openly shares ideas and knowledge.
* Inspiring Others - Motivates others to achieve high performance and personal satisfaction through a sense of purpose and spirit of cooperation. Impacts and motivates others through connecting, sharing, with a humble approach. Affects the behavior of others positively. Leads by example.
* Persistence - Acts influential, confident and persistent when working towards goals. Suggests solutions to meet customer needs, demonstrates confidence, and persists and displays resilience when faced with challenges or setbacks
MVP Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (PDF). We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis, e.g., Pay Transparency (PDF), protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Any person with a disability needing special accommodations to the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
- Job Family Information Technology & Transformation Services
- Pay Type Salary
- 220 Alexander St, Rochester, NY 14607, USA
- 625 State St, Schenectady, NY 12305, USA