Front Desk Membership Associate
OUTERBANKS FAMILY YMCA
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively influences the lives of children and families in your community. Working at the YMCA you’ll discover more than a job – you will have the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the community.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area. Responsible for membership sales, renewals, and prospect follow up as directed.
MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATE: Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention. Conducts interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships. Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and the YMCA.
Hours - May include opening shift, other shifts available.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic
- segments of the community
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evening, weekends, and holidays
- Requires a person of maturity and good judgment, who can operate with a minimum of guidance from the Membership Director
- Requires ability to exercise appropriate independent judgment, to assess facts and issues, and make non-routine decisions regarding day-to-day operational problems and issues
- Requires effective team-building and team-leadership skills
- Must maintain cooperative, functional relationships with senior leadership team, peers, and subordinates
- Must maintain positive, energetic attitude toward YMCA work, goals, and values
- Performs the duties of direct reports as needed
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Walk, stand, kneel, and stoop
- Maintain continuous operations requiring attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Must be able to lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically able to successfully complete required certifications
Accountable for completion of assigned goals as measured by the number of people served and service satisfaction scores.
An offer of employment is contingent upon receipt of satisfactory results to meet minimum requirements of the position. They may include criminal background and reference checks, E-Verify, drug test, driver’s license record, and/or a Child Protective Services Check (CPS). Additional driver’s license check, CPS, criminal background check, alcohol, and/or drug testing may be required to be processed in the future in order to meet and/or maintain the requirements of this position.
- Job Family Membership Services
- Pay Type Hourly
- Outer Banks Family YMCA, Nags Head, North Carolina, United States of America