Aquatics Swim Coach
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for participants on the swim team.
1. Instructs participants on the swim team in accordance with YMCA guidelines.
2. Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
3. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers participants and parents to other programs.
4. Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
5. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
6. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
7. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
8. Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Community - Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Decision Making - Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Project Management - Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings.
Self-Development - Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
Emotional Maturity - Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
Minimum age of 18 and working knowledge and experience with a competitive swim environment.
Certifications: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving, YMCA Lifeguard certification or YMCA Aquatic Safety Assistant certification, ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro), Basic First Aid certification and Emergency Oxygen.
Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physically perform all skills required of a Swim Coach.
Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Benbrook YMCA, Benbrook, Texas, United States of America