Program Instructor- Schools, Groups & Retreats
YMCA Camp Carter is a beautiful 360-acre Camp and retreat center located just 7 miles from Downtown Fort Worth and the historic stockyards.
The Program Instructor staff will facilitate program areas and teach recreation and outdoor education classes to school groups, girl/boy scouts, church groups, and many other different customers. Training will include: how to teach outdoor education and recreation, facilitate classes, risk management, and customer service. Ideal candidates will be committed, energetic, and enthusiastic individuals that are looking for a positive and rewarding experience and be a member of the camp carter family.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. It’s who are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. As a cause-driven leader it’s who we are and who you are expected to be. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause. Join us and help transform lives!
- Complete training's and certifications in First Aid/CPR, Risk Management, Customer Service, Child Abuse Prevention, Leadership Development, Policies and Procedures, and the overall function of the camp.
- Learn to teach over 20 outdoor education classes.
- Assist in developing and designing classes to meet the needs of diverse groups.
- Learn to facilitate at the archery range, low & high ropes course, waterfront, and more.
- Grow your communication and leadership skills by working with all departments at camp, including kitchen, maintenance, and resident/day camp.
- Lead and participate in activities all throughout the day, including campfires, evening rograms, and large group games.
- Be a professional liaison to assist in customer service at all times with any group at camp.
- Act as a positive role model for participants.
- Supports the commitment of the YMCA to child abuse prevention and safety by completing all child abuse prevention training as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required.
- Previous experience working with youth (within a camp setting is preferred).
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and a passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to perform moderate physical activity and adapt to changing work conditions.
- Work with diverse groups of people, and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be able to commit to one season and commit to working 30-40 hours a week.
- Must be willing and flexible to work various hours/shifts including nights and weekends.
$8.25 – 10.25
Room and Board
Program Instructors are provided on-site housing for the duration of their employment
at YMCA Camp Carter. Meals will also be provided whenever a group is dining
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, September 10, 2019
- Job End Date Saturday, May 23, 2020
- Camp Carter, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America