Enrichment Specialist - Waverly Elementary/Middle School
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they’ve made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all, for a better us.
How this role contributes to the Y’s mission:
As an Enrichment Specialist, you will lead children and teens and engage them in positive, fun and enriching activities that support healthy youth development. You will prepare and submit lesson plans that meet the individual needs of the youth and the overall goals of Y programs for students in grades K-12 located in schools in low income communities served by the Y in Central Maryland. As an Enrichment Specialist, you’ll contribute to the Y and to our overall community by supporting and nurturing youth adversely impacted by the achievement gap.
This work is right for you if you have:
• An interest in the well-being of school age youth, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
• Some prior experience leading school age youth
• The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children, parents/guardians, members, school administration and other Y associates
• An ability to be flexible and work at multiple locations
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Youth Development
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3400 Ellerslie Ave, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA