Director of Facilities
WinnCompanies is looking for a hands-on and decisive Director of Facilities who can delegate with direct action and authority, communicate with multiple levels of leadership within maintenance personnel, and values safety above all else. The Director of Facilities is responsible for providing leadership and guidance in order to ensure maintenance standards are achieved and sustained at all communities within the project company.
- Ensure that properties obtain the best value for its maintenance and capital expenditure budget
- Communicate and maintain all Winn Housing Services (WHS), Lend Lease and military partner policies, procedures, standards and reporting requirements
- Ensure quality of work of all maintenance activities including oversight and management of subcontracted services.
- Work with DPM to ensure effective communication in the planning and resolution of maintenance issues.
- Resolve maintenance service issues with residents in timely manner
- Serve as a liaison between maintenance and property management departments facilitating effective communication
- Responsible for proper resourcing of the maintenance department including recruiting, hiring, training, succession planning and oversight of all maintenance personnel
- Conduct quarterly and annual performance reviews for all direct reports
- Ensure that all contracts for capital projects and ongoing maintenance are structured, coordinated, properly bid, and completed in accordance with company standards
- Recommend approval/disapproval of all contracts for local maintenance services after the appropriate bidding procedures have been followed
- Work with the DPM and Controller in budget preparation and recommendations
- Review the maintenance and operating sections of each community’s monthly financial report to evaluate budget, actual, and variance figures, recommending specific actions to appropriate managers when necessary to reduce expenses.
- Reviews and recommends approval/disapproval of all maintenance expenses at respective approval level
- Review each community’s weekly and monthly maintenance reports to determine any potential or existing maintenance problems at any given community. Analyzes and makes recommendation to senior management for changes and ensures accuracy in all detail of reporting
- Evaluate property damage reports and incident reports and make recommendation for future actions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field is preferred.
- 5 – 7 years facilities or maintenance experience
- 3 -5 years management experience. Experience working with call centers, dispatch, warehouse, and service operations is strongly preferred
- Prior military housing experience is strongly preferred
- A current vehicle license in good standing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required and YARDI or other similar industry software is preferred
With 3,000 team members working across 500+ locations in 22 states and D.C., WinnCompanies is the #1 manager of affordable housing and a leader in developing and managing mixed-use properties, market rate properties and military housing.
Operations, sales, compliance, maintenance, marketing, IT, HR, accounting and finance. No matter your passion, your work at Winn will impact people who are more than just residents to us. They’re individuals, families and heroes.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Tuesday, June 25, 2019
- Fort Knox, KY, USA