QC Lead, MFG Quality -PM
Visionworks is currently has an opening for a top notch individual to office in San Antonio, Texas for the position of Section Lead . The Lead coordinates daily operations within an assigned production area. Assist with training and coaching of staff to support KPI’s.
- Execute all activities associated with respect to quality, customer service, cost, environmental, health and safety within assigned area.
- Responsible for achieving operational goals within respected areas.
- Ensure the application of consistent processes and procedures to support efficient operations and enhance customer satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for solutions.
- Train associates and work closely with other staff members to execute the facility cross training plan.
- Assist with interviewing and coaching associates.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Experience & Background:
- Minimum One (1) year of relevant experience
- Experience working in a fast paced environment. Distribution experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in working with structured procedures and processes.
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read and comprehend complex, English instructions, correspondence, and/or memos is required, as is the capacity to write similar correspondence relaying opportunities or findings.
- Skill to effectively present information in one-on-one and group settings is necessary.
- Bilingual ability, particularly in Spanish, is desirable.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to perform the analytical mathematics demanded by the business functions. Aptitude to perform these operations using standard units of measurement, distance, weight, volume, and currency.
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to apply analytical tools and common understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions and interpret diagrams and/or forms.
- Must possess capacity to deal with complex problems and situations involving multiple variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions
- General problem solving abilitiesThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines). Ability to work varying schedules to include nights, weekends and holidays. Warehouse type work environment. Exposure to temperature changes. Limit weight for lifting, pulling and pushing is no more than 50 pounds. When lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, requirement is to use two or more people to lift the load. Ability to work varying schedules to include nights, weekends and holidays.*
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Ability to provide peer feedback.
- Problem solving.
- Process and results oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in cross functional teams and with other business leaders.
- Works with a high sense of urgency and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Strong customer focus.
Visionworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With regard to all employment practices, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or current military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local law. We strive to employ and promote only those applicants and employees who are best suited for open positions and who possess the necessary skills, education and qualifications for the job.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6601 Guada Coma Dr, Schertz, TX 78154, USA