Veritas Collaborative is a national healthcare system for the treatment of eating disorders. Providing a range of services for individuals of all ages, we offer inpatient, acute residential, partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and outpatient levels of care. Each patient’s care is individualized, evidence-based, and delivered in a gender-diverse and inclusive environment. Multidisciplinary treatment teams – made up of highly dedicated physicians, psychiatrists, dietitians, culinary professionals, therapists, nurses, education coordinators, administrative professionals, and skilled therapeutic assistants – aim to equip each patient and family with skills to continue recovery in the home environment.
We are a growing, mission-driven organization with a singular vision: a world in which all persons with eating disorders and their families have access to best-practice care and hold hope for a cure.
We expect a lot out of our employees; that’s why we hire people who share our passion for leaving the world a better a place than we found it. If you find yourself drawn to a stimulating, innovative environment, you’ll be happy you chose to work at Veritas Collaborative. We share a common belief that eating disorders are lethal, but they don’t have to be.
Join us, and help us save lives.
NATURE & SCOPE
This is a middle management position for supervisory coverage of the Nursing Department in patient care areas during all shifts. Responsibilities require knowledge of the facility, nursing policies and procedures, allowing independent judgment in their interpretation. The Nursing Supervisor duties include provision of managerial and clinical links between the nurse manager and department
direction in their absence, and the administrator-on-call. Additionally, this position will include knowledge of Utilization Review rules and regulations.
• Minimum 5 years acute care experience, preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in Patient Care Services, required.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in Behavioral Health Field and experience with eating disorders.
• Previous Supervisory Experience, Preferred Specific skills (Include specific skills and knowledge
necessary to meet the objectives of the position)
• Knowledge of Phlebotomy/NG tube placement/EKG competencies.
• Strong leadership skills. Strong time management and organizational skills.
• Basic computer knowledge of EMR systems; Microsoft outlook; and other electronic platforms.
• Strong interpersonal skills and professional boundaries.
• Ability to determine appropriate course of action in complex situations.
• Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude
• Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work
• Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner
• Additional languages preferred. (Bi-lingual in English/Spanish). General Skills and Requirements
• Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Demonstrates competency and sensitivity in the area of multi-cultural, racial, religious/spiritual, gender identity, and sexual orientation issues.
• Knowledge of nursing services.
• Meets dress code standards; appearance is professional, neat, and clean.
• This position may require driving a company vehicle. Employee must have a clean driving record in order to qualify. (A clean driving record is one that is free of accidents, moving violations or points.)
• Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
• Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and local regulations.
• Evaluates own performance and sees opportunity for growth.
• Completes and maintains annual education requirements.
• Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the organization.
• Reports to work on-time and as scheduled.
• Wears identification while on duty.
• Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
Supervisors will be responsible for the following duties overall and shift specific duties as delegated by the Nurse Manager and will assist with:
• In collaboration with Human Resources, provide supervision, support and coaching to employees. Other supervisory activities include (but are not limited to):
o Interviewing, hiring, goal development, on-boarding and insuring continuous training requirements and compliance items are met.
o 1:1 and team meetings to discuss successes, challenges, new projects, innovations, company changes, etc.
Timely coaching and disciplinary action (delivery and documentation), as needed
Completing performance reviews for employees within company designated time-frames
o Maintain employees time-cards in Payroll system, insuring the correct hours are accounted for, overtime is managed, and paid-time off request are promptly addressed.
• Create and maintain systems for organizing the nursing station and documents/items stored there.
• Perform quarterly reviews of nursing forms, and nursing procedures by working collaboratively with Medical Records, Compliance Team and Human Resources
• Attend Clinical Team or other meetings as needed in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
• Assist in creating performance improvement plans and annual performance reviews.
• Promote the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
• Ensure nursing operational standards are met.
• Ensure all nursing staff follow policies and procedures.
• Assess patient care requirements on each unit, by making rounds.
• Provides meal coaching and support for patients and families, including participating in and completing meals as appropriate and as assigned.
• Develop and implement staffing plan for shift based on patient acuity, patient census and available staff; schedule nursing shifts.
• Serve as a resource to staff for solving clinical problems.
• Assist staff to efficiently utilize staffing resources to meet patient care requirements and other professional responsibilities.
• Provide for immediate follow-up, documentation and communication of incidents to appropriate manager and director.
• Respond to emergency situations.
• Anticipate actual/potential problems that may occur on their shift and sets shift priorities accordingly.
• Facilitate staff attendance at staff development sessions, offered during their shift. Attend
and assist planning Nursing Staff Meetings.
• Identify and communicate staff needs for continuing education to the Org Learning & Development Department, as well as the Nurse Manager.
• Assist staff to interpret change in a positive manner.
• Assist staff to provide a safe work environment for patient care.
• Assist in the preparation and implementation of the annual goals for the department.
• Keep professionally current, by attending continuing education programs, seminars, workshops, Supervisor Conference Group Meetings, and/or independent research reading.
• Consistently and independently follows established safety and infection control procedures.
Intervenes in unsafe situations.
• Meet or exceed expectations of individuals for whom service is provided.
• Monitor documentation for adherence to Utilization rules and regulation
• Assists Nurse Manager in the maintenance of supplies/equipment. Ensures operation of medical and
administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventative maintenance requirements, following manufactures instructions, troubleshoot malfunctions; call for repairs; maintain equipment inventories; evaluate new equipment needs or techniques.
• Act as an On-Call Nurse in a rotation that, when needed, will include the Nurse Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Pay Type Salary
- DGL-Clinical, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America