Designer - Varel Oil and Gas Drill Bits
Varel Oil & Gas Drill Bits manufactures and services application specific roller cone and fixed cutter drill bits. Our proprietary design capabilities, efficient manufacturing, and global sales force uniquely position us to provide reliable drilling and completion solutions faster than anyone else. We are a customer focused company with an innovative team conducting business in a responsible manner with a passion to win.
Summary: Performs design duties that will drive sustaining projects to ensure all current product lines meet industry standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for current product line: modification, line extension and validation test projects.
- Identify new product opportunities and contribute to the product development process.
- Contribute to the review, development and implementation of innovative and effective design working practices.
- Assist in the delivery of product technical data packs.
- Generate reports, technical bulletins and updates for internal/external distribution.
- Assist in the development and delivery of all engineering strategies, procedures and processes to meet VIES objectives.
- Provide technical support to Sales and Operations team members.
- Assist Marketing with the launch of new products.
- Travel domestic/internationally as needed to support products.
- Investigate product quality-related issues.
- Follow and promote the policies of VIES, Employee and EHS policies.
- Report any accidents, incidents or near misses to your Department Manager or a EHS committee member immediately.
- Always utilize correct PPE and required equipment as per VIES policies.
Education and/or Experience:
Mechanical Engineering qualifications (degree or similar) or extensive relevant experience. Three years minimum in oilfield design, preferably downhole tools.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All
positions are subject to a criminal background check. |
- 4140 World Houston Pkwy, Houston, TX 77032, USA