Director of Finance - Varel International Energy Services
- Directs and oversees the analysis of internal financial information (e.g., profit loss accounts,
financial statements, working capital, costs, prices, expenses, revenues, rates of return, etc.). Advises executive management on financial and accounting impacts of proposed operational changes.
- Directs cash management and working capital initiatives for the company. Coordinates
all banking relations for the company. (~20%)
- Directs the business planning processes for Downhole Products and subsidiaries, and
assists the VIES CFO with reporting needs of shareholders, banks and government
- Formulates, recommends and administers finance policies and procedures. Participates in the development and implementation of functional strategies that have mid to long-term (3-5 years) impact on business results in alignment with parent organization objectives. Develops operational strategies, objectives, and plans for optimizing the organization and the talent required to execute strategies in job area. Directs the implementation of plans. (~20%)
- Oversees audit and tax functions and coordinates activities with outside audit firms. Determines whether acceptable policies and procedures are followed, information is reliable, assets are safeguarded, and resources are used effectively and economically. Develops and advises management on internal controls and corrective actions. (~10%)
- Performs financial evaluation and modeling of the impacts of financial transactions and of
external economic conditions and their impact on business operations (e.g.,
inflation, interest rates, exchange rates, etc.) (~10%)
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
display strong leadership and management skills including performance management, planning, prioritization, objective setting, and plan execution.
identify, synthesize and act upon strategic information and changes within the
environment while managing multiple projects efficiently.
to facilitate, interact with, influence, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines, at times under stressful circumstances.
engage in persuasive discussions at top management levels and clearly present the Company’s positions with regard to financial operations.
effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
influence others to accept practices and approaches.
Education & Knowledge:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration from an accredited university. MBA, CPA or CIMA strongly desired combined with a professional certification.
Knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, SEC rules and regulations including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and IFRS.
Typically, at least fifteen years of progressively more responsible positions covering accounting, applied economics, and all aspects of financial management. Typically at least five years in supervisory /management positions. Experience in similar industry is desired.
- Five (5) years in management positions.
- Two(2) years of experience in Drill Bit Technology.
- Experience of implementing global transfer pricing policies conforming to local entity tax regulations.
- Preparation & sign off of global statutory accounts, including implementation of IFRS and group consolidation.
- Global ERP system implementation, with a proven track record in Manufacturing (MRP/MPS), Distribution (WMS), CRM, along with financial integration.
Development of OLAP cubes / data warehouses developing GUI & strategic dashboards for senior management to drive & monitor strategic direction.
- Experience of managing a global finance team is essential.
- Proven track record of developing & implementing turn around strategies in global entities, incorporating production units, distribution units, sales units &
business units, resulting in successful improvements in EBIT, NWC & cashflow.
- Managing International treasury functions liaising with global banks, creating banking relationships & cash pooling.
- Proven track record of utilizing financial instruments, such as hedging, swaps & forward contract strategies managing unrealized & realized FX exposure.
- Merger & Acquisition leadership, incorporating full due diligence is preferred.
- International compliance experience essential covering HS codes (efficiently managing import & export duties & utilization of International trade agreements).
Managing CoO compliance & efficiently utilizing INCO terms.
- Experience of reporting Intrastat & ECSL.
Experience of implementing international group internal controls, including governance
Thank you for your interest in a career with Varel International Energy Services.
Varel International Energy Services participates in the E-Verify program. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
- 1625 W Crosby Rd, Carrollton, TX 75006, USA