000510 - ETS Admin - Database Administrator III
The Database Administrator III manages the enterprise database management system. They coordinate across business lines to support, drive, and initiate projects while maintaining a highly available, secure and fine-tuned environment. This role is responsible for the ownership of an enterprise-wide database environment as well as supporting all interactive systems.
• Takes ownership of the enterprise database system
• Coordinates data inventory and integrity across the enterprise, application high availability SLA’s, disaster recovery in the data space, and delivery high database solution designs that are extensible
• Partners with all areas of the organization to drive successful delivery of high-end data solutions, manage storage needs, as well as an enterprise data retention policy
• Researches and defines security enhancements to keep current with industry standards and best practices; creates processes to test and evaluate data and systems security; providing user privileges in development, test and production databases
• Fulfills requests and resolves incidents within SLA’s
• Drives architectural vision for enterprise database environment
• Reviews operational reports (e.g., database backups, maintenance, monitoring) daily to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved proactively
• Responds to database related alerts and escalations, aiding in enterprise application administration, updates, upgrades, and migrations
• Documents complex RDBMS systems and data dictionaries and stays abreast with security best practices in a RDBMS system
• Works in Azure’s data suite of platforms and services, providing technical direction and administration to enterprise systems
• Mentors developers and more junior dba resources
• Installs, upgrades and configures SQL Server, related patches and service packs; performs all database maintenance, backups, restores and recovery models
• Develops and writes stored procedures, functions, queries, and views in Transact-SQL
• Implements, configures and deploys SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Supports mid-sized enterprise SQL Server, ETL workflows utilizing SQL Server SSIS and data tools, and SQL Agent jobs
• Tunes performance of the environment including databases, tables, views/queries and stored procedures
• Performs other duties as assigned
• BS/BA Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science, relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• Minimum of nine (9) years of experience using Microsoft SQL Server (versions 2008 - 2016)
o Seven (7) years of experience with T-SQL
o Seven (7) years of experience with SQL Server replication
o Seven (7) years of experience implementing complex data ETL solutions
o Five (5) years of experience supporting high availability and disaster recovery.
• In-depth knowledge of various corporate security roles, legal and regulatory obligations such as PCI, SOC or similar standards.
• Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem-solving skills.
• Experience with non-relational database platforms that specialize in processing different data structures (ex: JSON), document management, analytics and big data.
• MCSA TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Data warehousing conceptual knowledge
• SQL Azure High Availability and disaster recovery architecture
• SQL Server performance tuning tools including execution plans and SQL Profiler
• SQL Server Integration Services
• SQL Server transactional replication
• Native backup tools as well as Idera and Red Gate
• Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics including exposer to column store indexing
• Azure SQL Data Solutions
- Pay Type Salary
- Westlake, OH 44145, USA