Part-Time Nutrition Aide, Early Learning
Under the supervision of the Site Manager, the aide is responsible for assisting in food service management and may be required to perform some housekeeping duties. In the absence of the cook, the nutrition aide will be responsible for the daily preparation of food for the center.
* High school graduate or GED. Must be flexible, reliable and responsible.
* Must pass a criminal background check, drug test, and a yearly physical examination.
* Good knowledge and skill in planning, preparing and supervising all kitchen and meal activities.
* Must be comfortable with and enjoy young children.
* Must have the ability to develop and use good personal relationships with staff, children, and parents
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions and be able to work independently as well as cooperatively with other staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES &RESPONSIBILITIES
* Assists with the preparation of breakfast, lunch and snack, including dicing or peeling food to ensure that it is appropriate for students. Delivers meals to each classroom.
* Retrieves the carts after breakfast with meal counts for the day. Retrieves lunch carts.
* Infants are fed as needed. Additional food and formula are taken to the infant rooms as needed.
* Must adhere to all funders’ and regulators’ policies including, but not limited to; USDA, CEOGC, Department of Health, ODJFS, etc.
* Assists the Site Manager and cook in ordering, receiving, and storing of food and non-food items.
* Shops as needed for food supplies and miscellaneous items.
* Coordinates with the manager, cook, and teachers to make prep room space, equipment, and food supplies available for classroom nutrition activities
* Fulfills assignment during practice emergency drills and actual emergency evacuation
* Maintains a safe and sanitary kitchen:
* Adheres to Department of Health guidelines for sanitation of surfaces, storage units, appliances, and appropriate personal attire.
* Cleans refrigerator and freezer according to manufacturers’ recommendations.
* Cleans/polishes stove, counters, and appliances daily
* Sweeps and mops floor daily; mops spills as they occur.
* Rotates food on shelves and in refrigerator according to their use and dates.
* Coordinates with manager, cook, and teachers to make prep room space, equipment, and food supplies available for classroom nutrition activities.
* Performs other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Travel and work outside of normal hours may be required for meetings, presentations, trainings and other events.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cleveland, OH, USA