The Centers for Families and Children and Circle Health Services is looking for a psychiatrist to serve the clients of our community health centers. This position provides psychiatric care to a population of adults with a broad range of physical, mental, behavioral and social conditions. Responsibilities include psychiatric evaluation of patients, prescribing and managing medications, and coordinating care with other staff and community providers.
We are a federally qualified health center and our staff are eligible for programs under the National Health Service Corps. You can learn more about it here.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: the qualified candidate will have a license to practice medicine in Ohio with at least two years of experience as well as board certification in psychiatry.
- Must have full prescriptive powers in Ohio with a DEA number.
- Current CPR certification or ability to get certification within one month.
- Broad knowledge of general medicine and general psychiatry, including psychiatric interviewing, evaluation and diagnosis, somatic treatments, psychotropic medications, various psychotherapeutic modalities, and chemical dependency.
- Specific knowledge and skill in community psychiatry, psychosomatic medicine, organic mental illness, and competency and informed consent-related legal-ethical matters, risk management and consultation.
- Excellent communication skills, including diplomacy, tact, effective “bedside manner” with patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care, including but not limited to: face-to-face psychiatric evaluation, consultation, day-to-day treatment and discharge follow up.
- Provides appropriate and timely response to clinical requests for service and reviews them for appropriateness.
- Provides consultation and clinical supervision to other members of the team.
- Works effectively with physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers, counselors and all staff to ensure appropriate quality of care is provided to all patients.
- Completes documentation and orders in a timely fashion, in keeping with established guidelines.
- Participates in and, at times, leads Provider Education Sessions on a variety of clinical topics.
- Participates in compliance, quality assurance and quality improvement activities as directed.
- Reviews and approves the mental health assessments of individuals receiving mental health services.
- Reviews and approves the medical appropriateness of services and supports identified in the Individual Services and Supports Plans of individuals receiving mental health services.
- Attends required meetings and trainings.
- Adheres to all state and federal privacy regulations, including HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, and to Centers’ policies and agreements regarding confidentiality, privacy, and security.
- Supports compliance with all privacy and security requirements pursuant to community partners’ and outside providers’ patient confidentiality agreements, including privacy and security requirements for EMR access. This includes immediate reporting of any PHI breach of The Centers or outside provider health records to the organizations’ Legal and Quality departments, as well as to the program administrator.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to: active participation in community outreach activities as needed to offer services and engage patients in a non-coercive manner; occasional consultation or direct work with other Centers’ clinical sites; attendance and participation at off-site community events
- Pay Type Salary
- 4500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44103, USA