Client Benefits Supervisor
The Client Benefits Supervisor oversees daily client benefits & entitlement operations for assigned sites. The Client Benefits Supervisor works within multiple locations to ensure that clients are able to access entitlement and benefits in a timely manner.
* 3-5 years benefits & entitlement experience.
* Past supervisory experience, or experience working with multiple departments.
* Associates degree preferred.
* Must have reliable transportation, a valid Ohio driver’s license and willingness to travel to agency & partner locations when necessary.
* Demonstrated competency regarding Medicaid benefits.
* Demonstrated competencies with available benefit and entitlement programs and how to access benefits.
* Communication Proficiency: able to present ideas to groups of people in a manner that is understandable and appropriate to the audience level; expresses self clearly in writing; able to take complex benefit issues and make them understandable based on the audience’s knowledge and experience.
* Values Diversity: Collaborates with and involves others, demonstrating a respect for divergent viewpoints; interacts well with diverse people and groups, thereby contributing to an environment that is equitable, inclusive, and cooperative. An awareness of and sensitivity to the cultural diversity of the population served.
* Quality Focus: Sets high standards and strives for continuous improvement; ensures the organizations quality standards are taken into account in all decisions; activates and encourages others to enhance the quality of their service; allocates the means and time within the organization to advance quality.
* Detail Oriented: has a high level of need to understand how and why things go together; the ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently. Develops ideas thoroughly and meticulously into an effective plan of action
* Organization: Organizes work, effectively prioritizes, and sets short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them. Aligns communication, people, processes and resources to drive success. Organizes information and data to identify/explain trends, problems, and their causes.
* Fostering Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team, but also demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Supervises daily, site-based benefits and entitlement operations and assigned benefits specialists.
* Manages outreach and enrollment activities including coordination and collaboration with other FQHC’s and community groups.
* Supervises the work of the benefits specialists and provides regular performance feedback in keeping with our leadership behaviors
* Completes and supervises the efficient engagement of client through benefits enrollment at the time of visit to ensure one-stop comprehensive enrollment
* Help qualified individuals gain access to health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace established by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Medicaid.
* Collect client co-pays according to organization policy
* Conduct public education activities to raise awareness about coverage options available options available under Medicaid, CHIP and the Marketplace.
* Act as an authorized representative with community resources, including ODJFS. Regular communications include completing food-assistance phone interviews/redeterminations, problem solving individual client cases and reviewing all types of Medicaid eligibility, including presumptive eligibility.
* Provide referrals to any applicable office of health insurance consumer assistance or ombudsman established under Section 2793 of the PHS Act to address consumer grievances, compliant, or questions about their health plan, coverage, or a determination.
* Ensure all health center benefit specialists comply with and successfully complete all required and applicable federal and/or state consumer training.
* Problem solve individual client situations with site-based entitlement specialists and/or Caseworkers; ensure timely resolutions and that any follow up activities are completed.
* Provides site back-up coverage when needed.
* Liaison with site based leadership to review workflows; engage in any required problem solving.
* Ensures that tracking and/or reporting data is managed within site operations.
OTHER JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Travel and work outside of normal hours may be required for meetings, presentations, trainings and other events.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of The Centers. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.
This position supervises the Benefits Specialist.
- Pay Type Salary
- Cleveland, OH, USA