Accounts Payable Clerk
Supports and assists the Accounts Payable Coordinator on a daily basis with all functions relating to Accounts Payable for multiple entities. Processes all vendor invoices received for payment, assists with payment of vendors, and maintains vendor files in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Two years in Accounts Payable duties is preferred.
Associate Degree in Business, Accounting, or related field experience is preferred.
General aptitude for accounting functions in a fast-paced environment is essential.
Three to five years of experience in office practices, data processing or related fields is desired.
Essential Job Duties &Responsibilities
- Ensures that all invoices are processed daily by completing data entry and verifying proper approval of vendor invoices according to Accounting Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures confidentiality in all matters pertaining to vendors, clients, credit cards, and bank accounts.
- Follow up on all vendor communications when questions arise regarding payments or amounts due.
- Communicate with Agency personnel to investigate invoice discrepancies.
- Processes all vendor credit card payments.
- Reviews all credit card and expense report data for correct General Ledger account coding.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly check runs including sorting and filing when necessary.
- Assists with preparation of monthly journal entries for employee expense reports.
- Responsible for maintenance of expense report database including entering new employees, maintaining the chart of accounts used for expense reporting purposes, and entering all department codes and updates as needed.
- Maintains W-9 vendor file.
- Maintains vendor files.
- Assists with annual 1099 reporting.
- Assists with month end A/P General Ledger account.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special projects on an as needed basis.
- Must be proficient in Excel, data entry and able to utilize computer software.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in an organized, time-efficient manner to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Must be able to interact professionally with office staff and other department staff or supervisors.
- Ability to be flexible and make changes quickly.
- Attention to detail and problem solving
- Display initiative
- Client focus
- Contributes to team performance
- Emotional resilience
- Interpersonal astuteness
Physical Demands/Work Environment
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Travel and work outside of normal hours may be required for meetings, presentations, trainings and other events.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of The Centers. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cleveland, OH, USA