EFS Parent Coach - Harvey Rice (572)
Deliver services and referrals through providing one-on-one coaching and group coaching for Pre-K-8th grade parents and families at Harvey Rice Wraparound School and serve as a resource to connect families with appropriate community partners related to workforce development, education, housing, budgeting, childcare, health care, and more.
* High School diploma required.
* Experience working with parents and caregivers individually or in groups to achieve goals preferred.
* Operating standard office equipment, and adhering to safety practices.
* Good attendance record and reliable.
* Current driver’s license and an insured vehicle.
* Experience handling hazardous materials, use pertinent software applications and internet databases, and prepare and maintain accurate records
* No record of child abuse or moral turpitude as determined by background check based on fingerprints.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide one-on-one coaching and group coaching for parents and families and serve as a resource to connect families with appropriate community partners related to workforce development, education, housing, budgeting, childcare, health care, and more.
* Provide regular feedback to Harvey Rice Wraparound Service Coordinator regarding parent and coaching experiences with the program.
* Partner with parents by developing and facilitating target workshops/sessions that enhance and promote positive parenting skills and tools.
* Assist with the recruitment of parent and family volunteers and engagement.
* Communicate regularly with other service areas, where applicable, based on need and family progress.
* Collaborate and partner with Family Advocates and Early Learning staff in order to support the family holistically utilizing the Head Start/Early Head Start Family and Community Engagement Framework.
* Manage and document parent and family contact utilizing the current data system.
* Attend training, workshops, and meetings related to program performances.
* Attend and participate in any team meetings, staff meetings and/or workshops deemed necessary by job requirements.
OTHER JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Other duties as assigned
* Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, concisely, and effectively both verbally and in writing. Presents in a confident, clear, and enthusiastic manner when addressing people in a large or small group. Demonstrates a sound knowledge of the subject matter.
* Interpersonal Skills: demonstrated emotional intelligence with an ability to balance an empathy forward response with families and throughout the organization. Enjoys working closely with other people to understand their concerns and seeks out the ways our workplace might address them. Able to use storytelling to advance a concept or idea.
* Time management: able to balance multiple priorities and have good time management skills (ex. meeting with families, preparing for sessions, entering data)
* Certification in CPR/First Aid, Communicable Disease, Child Abuse and Neglect Prevention required upon hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Travel and work outside of normal hours may be required for meetings, presentations, trainings and other events.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of The Centers. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder's responsibility.
This position does not supervise any position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cleveland, OH, USA