Process weekly payroll from assigned plant under guidance and direction of Corporate Payroll Manager. Ensure accurate record keeping of all employee changes related to payroll, including, but not limited to, processing new hire paperwork, recording changes of status and resolving any issues dealing with employee compensation. Submit payroll to Ceridian/HRIS provider as part of a centralized, company wide payroll department. Provide support to Plant Payroll Administrator and Plant Payroll Specialist regarding any other miscellaneous payroll issues that may arise.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate HRIS payroll software to record, commit and analyze company-wide payroll information.
- Process employee new hire information and changes of status as they are provided by Plant HR Department, verifying accuracy of the information and providing support as needed.
- Process timesheet information provided by Plant Payroll Specialist, reviewing for accuracy and checking potential issues regarding employee compensation, vacation/holiday pay issues, etc.
- Troubleshoot issues arising during the payroll process, including, but not limited to, taxes, payroll deductions, and wage garnishments.
- Reconcile general ledger accrual accounts and make corrections when needed.
- Work as a team with the other Corporate Payroll Specialists to meet department goals and deadlines.
- Collaborate daily with Plant Payroll and Plant HR personnel as well as Corporate HR and Benefits.
- Reconcile and transmit payments for various employee deductions such as 401K, day-care, union dues and YMCA memberships.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Follow Sugar Creek Packing Co. safety rules and procedures.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Experience: 1 to 3 years in a payroll position.
Certification Requirements: Payroll certification such as FPC or CPP preferred.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Able to read and comprehend printed and electronic information.
- Know how to calculate wages from gross to net.
- Able to use computers proficiently with strong competence in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel including pivot tables).
- Able to use critical thinking to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Possess the skills to manage time and multitask efficiently while maintaining a detail-oriented work style and staying focused on legal compliance and company policies.
- Know how to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with others in both written and verbal communications.
- Possess an honest and ethical character.
- Able to respect and protect confidential information.
- Able to work well with others in a team environment with a focus on completing team objectives as opposed to receiving individual recognition.
- Possess proficiency with basic accounting concepts and able to create journal entries and reconcile accruals.
- Know how to operate typical payroll/HRIS software.
- Able to understand and process payroll taxes.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with typical payroll positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing less than 15 lbs may be required as needed. Some travel may be required in between plants.
Some travel to other locations is required.
All work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Bundy, Washington Court House, Ohio, United States of America