Staff Accountant Senior
Support the Assistant Controller in the management of cost and general accounting, including inventory reconciliation & valuation, wage and benefit accruals, real estate and personal property tax and miscellaneous customer invoicing. Support weekly and monthly financial close / reporting activity. Maintain full accounting for SOHO, a small real estate subsidiary.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support weekly financial close, to include journal entries for non-standard manufacturing operations, such as leaker checks, misc. cash, inventory variances.
- Reconcile inventory balances across the business and maintain reserves for Lower of Cost or Market and Deferred Variances.
- Assist plant accounting teams to identify / understand manufacturing variances generated by manufacturing orders & inventory transactions in support of weekly reporting process.
- Monthly financial close to include journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Manage / Coordinate miscellaneous customer invoicing, accruals, and status.
- Manage real estate and personal property tax accruals and payments.
- SOHO accounting – a small real estate subsidiary.
- Participate in ERP system improvements & implementations.
- Back-up for weekly standard cost calculations and inventory valuation.
- Monitors, maintains and reviews financial records and general ledgers.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Support all safety, food quality and sanitation initiatives and policies.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
Experience: 5+ years of experience in general ledger accounting.
Certification or Licensure Requirements: None.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Know Generally-Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Able to use Microsoft Office (particularly Excel, including pivot tables and functions such as SUMIF and VLOOKUP).
- Utilize ERP systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Able to retrieve information from databases for ad hoc reporting.
- Able to think critically and work efficiently in fast-paced environment.
- Possess exceptional work ethic with attention to detail and able to manage time and multitask efficiently.
- Able to collaborate with Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, General Accounting, Operations, and Senior Management staff personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone and email.
- Able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with manufacturing-type office positions, including mostly sitting with some standing/walking required. Other light physical activity like using stairs or occasionally moving items weighing 20 lbs. or less may be required as needed.
All work is performed in a comfortable indoor, office-like facility.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Creek Rd., Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America