This position is for a second shift Warehouse Supervisor.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments, and preparing items for shipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments inclusive of AQLs for premium raw material.
- Receives scheduled trucks in a manner that promotes production efficiency.
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment in trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Determines routing and legal load limits of trucks, according to established schedules and weight limits of states.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded truck doors.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair.
- Directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Compiles records of unfilled orders.
- Posts weight and shipping charges.
- Prepares bills of lading.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Prepares composite reports from individual reports of subordinates.
- Adjusts errors and complaints.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Supply Chain and Warehousing
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Cincinnati, Hamilton, Ohio, United States of America