Plant FSQA Supervisor
Assists leading the plant in assessing food quality and safety and other initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality, food safety and consistency. As a key member of the plant quality management team, the Plant FSQA Supervisor assists the Plant FSQA Manager in providing quality and food safety leadership to employees. Participates in/leads projects to improve plant quality and food safety performance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development and implementation of programs, policies, procedures, and work instructions for quality and food safety assessment and improvement.
- Makes recommendations and decisions involving food safety and quality issues having significant potential business impact to corporate and plant management.
- Trains, develops, and manages quality technicians.
- Responsible for the Plant Quality Technicians’ day to day activities.
- Coordinates plant quality and food safety audits (internal and third party).
- Works with plant management to assign audit responsibilities to various members of the plant team.
- Resolves non-conformance issues/quality problems at plant facilities, warehouses, and in the market.
- Works with plant management team to develop corrective action plans and communicates plans to Plant FSQA Manager, Plant Manager, and Corporate FSQA.
- Recommends and/or develops orientation and training programs for quality, food safety, and GMP training.
- Prepares monthly summary reports of key quality metrics, including issues and progress.
- Advises plant on quality and food safety implications of changes in product, processing, or facility design.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, 5s, OSHA, and HACCP support programs.
- Assures conformity to all company, customer, and government standards.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree in Food Science or science related field, or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years Quality Assurance experience with emphasis on managing preferred.
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE: None required upon hire. During employment must become HACCP certified within one year.
ABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Able to delegate rather than abdicate tasks.
- Knows basic sanitary design, chemistry, and microbiology.
- Able to read and comprehend printed and electronic information.
- Able to use computers, especially programs like Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Possesses the kills needed to manage time and multitask efficiently.
- Possesses skills needed to coach and train new employees.
- Possesses skills needed to communicate effectively with persons inside and outside of the organization.
No unusual physical requirements. Physical requirements are consistent with facility quality assurance-type positions, including considerable use of arms and legs, moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping and handling of tools. In an average work day, Plant FSQA Manager is in these positions for the following number of hours per day: sitting 5-7 hours; standing 2-4 hours; walking 2-4 hours. In an average work day, Plant FSQA Manager must have the following abilities: lift/carry less than 50 lbs occasionally; handle objects/manual dexterity constantly; reaching upward/outward as needed; climbing stairs occasionally; bending/squatting as needed.
All work is performed in an indoor, manufacturing facility with close proximity to heavy and hazardous machinery. Some work is performed in a comfortable, indoor, office-like facility. Very little work is performed outside of the manufacturing facility. Safety wear is required, including hard hat, hairnet, hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toe boots, coats and other necessary equipment.
We participate in E-verify. Participamos en E-verify.
Right to Work. Derecho al Trabajo.
- Job Family Quality
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Cambridge City, Cambridge City, Indiana, United States of America