We cultivate an environment of learning and invest in further developing the knowledge of our highly skilled and dedicated employees. We provide them with a dynamic workplace, open communication and an opportunity to grow within the company. If you’re searching for a company where you can be apart of the next level of technology and truly make a difference, consider joining SkyWater today!
Position Summary: Our Staff Accountant is responsible for a wide range of accounting activities which consists of: general ledger entries, balance sheet flux analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, month-end close and other duties as assigned. This position will be critical in supporting the roll out of SkyWater’s government business unit and will be responsible for all government accounting reporting requirements. This position reports to the Assistant Controller.
• Responsible for weekly invoice generation to customers. This includes auditing and tracking of deliveries in the Enterprise resource planning system (ERP) and Manufacturing execution system (MES).
• Record weekly/monthly receivable journal entries.
• Record customer payments, research and follow up with customers on payment discrepancies.
• Work with business development team to set up new customers which consists of working with customers to obtain customer financial information and obtaining credit references as necessary.
• Work with vendors/customers on credit holds.
• Compile and update weekly accounts receivable (AR) aging report.
• Responsible for accounts payables (AP) invoice processing on 2 and 3-way match purchases
• Monitor weekly AP invoice on hold report.
• Compile and monitor AP Aging Report.
• Work with Procurement or suppliers to resolve invoice/purchase order discrepancies.
• Assist with the preparation of the 1099 annual submissions for independent contractors.
• Prepare journal entries and accruals for assigned accounts.
• Assist in reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and variances analysis to identify/research/resolve unusual balances.
• Assist in annual external audit.
• Assist in the implementation and maintenance of SkyWater’s government cost accounting system.
• Own the SkyWater Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) reporting requirements.
• Special projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Experience and/or Training:
• 3 to 5 years of experience in a defense or manufacturing setting
• Background/Understanding of Government Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
• Strong understanding of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Ability to work with all levels of management and operational groups.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Strong problem solving skills
U.S. Person Required: SkyWater Technology Foundry, Inc. subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Licenses/Certificates: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Technology: Familiar with NetSuite ERP system.
SkyWater Technology offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including benefit eligibility day one, paid time off, paid holidays, matching 401(k), an on-site workout facility, an on-site cafeteria and so much more!
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment.
SkyWater complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at 952-851-5200 or Human_Resources@SkyWatertechnology.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Bloomington, MN, USA