Electronic Design Automation Engineer
We cultivate an environment of learning and invest in further developing the knowledge of our highly skilled and dedicated employees. We provide them with a dynamic workplace, open communication and an opportunity to grow within the company. If you’re searching for a company where you can be apart of the next level of technology and truly make a difference, consider joining SkyWater today!
Position Summary: The Electronic Design Automation (EDA) Engineer will collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, providing design enablement in ASIC/ integrated circuit technologies and design application support. The EDA Engineer will be a major technical contributor to “spec-to-shelf” ASIC development projects, including IP development and integration, and Process Design Kit (PDK) and Digital Design Kit (DDK) development and fan-out.
• Serve as a technical liaison between internal teams, design houses, direct clients, foundries, and end-customer(s) to ensure successful tape-out and manufacture.
• Development and customer distribution of DDK and PDK content using industry-standard tooling.
• Provide technical support for customers using SkyWater PDK’s and DDK’s.
• Manage our 3rd party PDK and IP developers to ensure content and accuracy necessary for our ASIC partners to efficiently design into SkyWater technologies.
• Facilitate and improve front to back-end ASIC design flow and manufacture through PDK development, analysis, testing, and release.
• Work closely with design, layout, and process engineers to understand and incorporate technology requirements into the models and PDKs.
• The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
Education: BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering.
Experience and/or Training:
• 10+ years of experience in the ASIC industry.
• 5+ years of experience in PDK and/or DDK development, working in or with semiconductor foundry companies.
• Deep understanding and project management of ASIC design (architecture to RTL to GDSII) & ASIC fabrication (tape-out to post-silicon validation and testing).
• Intimate (hands-on) familiarity with the full ASIC EDA tool-assisted design flow for ASIC development in advanced process nodes and cutting-edge technologies using industry-standard EDA tools and foundry PDKs.
• Fluent in written and spoken English, with excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills.
U.S. Person Required: SkyWater Technology Foundry, Inc. subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Experience and/or Training:
• Experience in IP project and/or library management.
• Knowledge and experience in developing and/or using Physical Verification tools (DRC, ERC, LVS) and DFM tooling.
• Customer facing experience.
SkyWater Technology Foundry offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including benefit eligibility day one, paid time off, paid holidays, matching 401(k), an on-site gym facility, an on-site cafeteria and so much more!
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment.
SkyWater complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at 952-851-5200 or Human_Resources@SkyWatertechnology.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Bloomington, MN, USA