We cultivate an environment of learning and invest in further developing the knowledge of our highly skilled and dedicated employees. We provide them with a dynamic workplace, open communication and an opportunity to grow within the company. If you’re searching for a company where you can be apart of the next level of technology and truly make a difference, consider joining SkyWater today!
Position Summary: The Assistant Controller will lead the Company’s internal and external financial reporting. Partnering with our VP of Finance/Corporate Controller and CFO, the Assistant Controller have responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual close and reporting processes, lead the ongoing SOX financial control processes and be instrumental in the preparation of the tax returns and quarterly tax provision of the Company. The Assistant Controller will play a key relationship role with external auditors, tax professionals, and other professionals to ensure the timely and successful delivery of the Company’s financial reports.
• Operate as the lead point of contact for any-and-all matters specific to accounting and financial results:
o Manage the monthly financial close processes including work paper preparation in support of balance sheet reconciliations and revenue and expense analysis.
o Oversee the preparation of internal and external financial statements.
o Maintain accounting policies and systems ensuring records are maintained in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
o Together with accounting staff, complete the monthly close process.
o Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of SOX internal control policies and procedures.
o Oversee preparation of tax returns and quarterly tax provisions.
o Assist with preparation of annual budget.
o Oversee quarterly financial reviews and year end audit processes as the key liaison with the company’s external auditors.
o Lead the implementation of new or emerging accounting pronouncements (ASC 606, etc).
o Lead and mentor the Accounting staff.
The job also requires performing other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
Experience and/or Training:
• 7+ years of accounting experience, including 5 years spent at a national public accounting firm
• Strong working knowledge of GAAP rules
• Overall understanding and experience in application of GAAP and SEC/financial reporting requirements including financial statements and financial statement footnotes
• Understanding of Internal Controls and SOX
• Success in working across functional areas with strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
• Understanding of the close and audit processes
• Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Ability to work independently as a self-starter, as well as part of a larger accounting and finance team and manage time effectively and highly motivated
• Ability to make timely, sound decisions that align with SkyWater’s priorities and values; take multiple factors into account; make appropriate decisions, even in fast-paced, uncertain situations.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Proficient at handling conflict resolution and working with positions at all levels
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and present confidently to clients, understand client objectives
• Strong Math and analytical skills a must
• Strong Computer Skills required (Microsoft Office: Specifically Excel and Power Point)
Experience and/or Training: Supervisory and Managerial Experience preferred
SkyWater Technology Foundry offers competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits package including benefit eligibility day one, paid time off, paid holidays, matching 401(k), an on-site gym facility, an on-site cafeteria and so much more.
SkyWater is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristics, medical conditions, family care or medical leave status, military service or status as a Protected Veteran, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, status with regard to public assistance, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws (“Protected Characteristics”). SkyWater complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws concerning EEO/AA employment.
SkyWater complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Human Resources at 952-851-5200 or Human_Resources@SkyWatertechnology.com
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 2401 E 86th St, Bloomington, MN 55425, USA