Sr Relocation Consultant
SIRVA is a leading partner for corporations to outsource their
mobility needs, relocating and moving their executives and staff
globally. SIRVA offers an extensive portfolio of mobility services
across approximately 170 countries providing an end-to-end solution to
deliver an enhanced mobility experience and program control and security
for customers. SIRVA has a portfolio of well-known and recognizable
brands including Allied Van Lines, northAmerican Van Lines, SMARTBOX,
and Allied Pickfords. For more information please visit www.sirva.com.
SIRVA brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the brightest and most driven people in the industry. At SIRVA, you will be in great company!
The Sr. Relocation Consultant provides essential support to SIRVA’s corporate clients in managing the designated client’s personnel who are relocating for a job assignment. The Sr. Relocation Consultant is responsible for the daily service delivery of the designated clients’ relocation programs and will serve as the single point of accountability for each transferee’s relocation. The Sr. Relocation Consultant’s caseload will consist of VIP level transferees, transferees with newly acquired client and high risk files. The Sr. Relocation Consultant typically handles relocations involving greater complexity than a Relocation Consultant III. The Sr. Relocation Consultant may also be a backup for the Manager, Service Delivery (MSD) as needed for day-to-day activities. They may also be able to assist with special projects determined by the MSD, lead occasional meetings and participate in internal and external meetings.
• Manage the spectrum of services available to each transferee during the relocation process potentially including: the sale of the transferee’s home, the purchase of a new home, home rental, expense management, movement of household goods, property management, and temporary living. Interpret the designated client’s relocation policies and procedures and evaluate the different options available to transferees in order to provide advice and consultation based on the particular needs of a transferee. Use independent judgment to develop solutions to problems that arise with transferees or suppliers during the relocation process. Primarily provide guidance and advocacy to home owners regarding home sale, finding a new home, equity advances, mortgage services, and other required services. Proactively works towards share of wallet expansion on each individual move.
• Assist the Manager, Service Delivery (MSD) as requested/needed. This would include: distributing, balancing and monitoring workload, handling transferee related escalations, participating in cross service center meetings/projects, assisting with file compliance audits.
• Assist in Relocation Operations training as needed. This may include mentoring for on-the-job training, employee development and acting as a subject matter expert. Provide direction and feedback to new team members and constructive performance feedback to management.
• Participate in client/prospect visits and presentations as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREFERRED SKILLS
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Relocation Consultant or equivalent business experience
• Ability to identify potential problems and develop effective solutions without immediate direction or supervision
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office
• Ability to manage deadlines, multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
• Effective problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Pay Type Salary
- Oakbrook Terrace, IL, USA