Senior Network Engineer
SIRVA is a leading partner for corporations to outsource their
mobility needs, relocating and moving their executives and staff
globally. SIRVA offers an extensive portfolio of mobility services
across approximately 170 countries providing an end-to-end solution to
deliver an enhanced mobility experience and program control and security
for customers. SIRVA has a portfolio of well-known and recognizable
brands including Allied Van Lines, northAmerican Van Lines, SMARTBOX,
and Allied Pickfords. For more information please visit www.sirva.com.
SIRVA brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the brightest and most driven people in the industry. At SIRVA, you will be in great company!
We are looking for a talented Senior Network Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be an integral member of the global Network Engineering team. Major responsibilities for the position include helping to plan, design, implement, support and improve the global network to help take SIRVA forward into the future.
-Help to plan, architect, design, and implement a global LAN/WAN network infrastructure as part of a global team. Be willing to assist when needed.
-Monitor and report on overall network performance and status; make recommendations in relation to performance.
-Troubleshoot network problems and outages
-Schedule and implement upgrades as needed
-Work with and collaborate with other teams as needed
-Accomplish IT and corporate mission by completing related tasks and projects as needed
-Be part of an on-call rotation.
-Be willing to alter work hours as needed to help provide support or coverage as needed in support of all our offices on a global basis. Some occasional travel may be required.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP based networking technologies
- Thorough understanding of typical routing protocols including EIGRP, OSPF and BGP
- Extensive experience with implementing multi-geographic LAN/WAN networks utilizing the:
- The internet
- Point-to-point circuits
- Experience with planning, procurement, implementation and administration of:
- Cisco Switches
- Cisco Meraki Wireless Access Points
- Cisco Routers
- Cisco Firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Barracuda Firewalls
- Barracuda WAF (Web Application Firewalls)
- Working with Microsoft Azure
- Ability to predict and manage the performance and capacity of the global LAN/WAN environment
- Experience in effectively communicating with a broad base of end users and multiple management layers
- Ability to effectively identify and apply rapidly changing technology to business needs
- Good judgment and analytical and communication skills; strong follow-up and organizational skills
- Ability to conduct and prepare feasibility studies; develop project estimates for cost, time and resources; complete cost/benefit analysis
- Strong project management skills and experience managing remote locations
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of user trust and confidence
- 7 to 10 years of related experience managing infrastructure/network environments, performing hardware and software network engineering, designing and implementing LANs, WANs and VPNs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing multi-office LAN/WAN environments
Education and Certification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline is desirable
- Cisco (CCNA and/or CCNP) preferred
- Palo Alto Networks (ACE or PCNSE) preferred
- Barracuda Certified Engineer preferred
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) desirable
- Pay Type Salary
- Oakbrook Terrace, IL, USA