Global Assignment Consultant I
SIRVA is a leading partner for corporations to outsource their
mobility needs, relocating and moving their executives and staff
globally. SIRVA offers an extensive portfolio of mobility services
across approximately 170 countries providing an end-to-end solution to
deliver an enhanced mobility experience and program control and security
for customers. SIRVA has a portfolio of well-known and recognizable
brands including Allied Van Lines, northAmerican Van Lines, SMARTBOX,
and Allied Pickfords. For more information please visit www.sirva.com.
SIRVA brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the brightest and most driven people in the industry. At SIRVA, you will be in great company!
The Global Assignment Consultant provides essential support to SIRVA’s corporate clients in managing the designated client’s personnel who are relocating outside of the U.S. for an international assignment. The GAC serves as the primary point of coordination for international assignees for the delivery of various assignment management services offered under their employer’s international assignment policies and procedures.
-Oversee the delivery of assignment management services, including policy counseling, destination services, household goods shipping, immigration, departure services and expense management. Interpret the designated clients’ international assignment policies and procedures and evaluate different options in order to provide advice and consultation to international assignees based on their particular needs and country-specific requirements. Provide on-going consultation to the assignee during the entire length of the international assignment.
-Coordinate with all internal departments/functions to ensure a successful assignee experience. Manage Global Certified Provider communication process and ensure quality of service delivery.
-Communicate/interface with the client’s HR contacts on relocation/assignment issues impacting the employee and family. Provide assistance with exception management, including recommendations on specific exceptions to policy. Provide assignee status updates, keeping the client abreast of issues and offering solutions as issues arise, and completing client projects and reports as requested.
-Complete other tasks/responsibilities as required to provide effective support to Manager, Client and Assignees.
• Minimum 2 years of direct relocation experience OR 3 years of related customer service experience
• Knowledge of international assignment management and global business
• Ability to identify potential problems and develop creative solutions without immediate direction or supervision
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills; the ability to function as part of a team while acting as a self-starter
• Ability to manage deadlines, multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment
• Strong presentation skills, business etiquette and interpersonal skills
• PC proficiency – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and job-related systems
• Strong preference for overseas work/living experience
• Strong preference for secondary language skills
• High school diploma required
• College degree preferred
- Pay Type Salary
- Oakbrook Terrace, IL, USA
- Plymouth, MN, USA
- St. Louis, MO, USA