Non-conventional Scheduler Summer Temp
SIRVA is a leading partner for corporations to outsource their
mobility needs, relocating and moving their executives and staff
globally. SIRVA offers an extensive portfolio of mobility services
across approximately 170 countries providing an end-to-end solution to
deliver an enhanced mobility experience and program control and security
for customers. SIRVA has a portfolio of well-known and recognizable
brands including Allied Van Lines, northAmerican Van Lines, SMARTBOX,
and Allied Pickfords. For more information please visit www.sirva.com.
SIRVA brings together strong, collaborative people in a dynamic culture of mutual respect, support, and passion for the brand and product. We believe innovation drives winning performance, and we constantly challenge ourselves to be the very best we can in every aspect of our business. You will be surrounded by some of the brightest and most driven people in the industry. At SIRVA, you will be in great company!
This position’s basic function is to consolidate household goods shipments into safe and profitable loads for the network hauling fleets. This position will manage timely pickup and delivery of shipments, update shipments and tender trips. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring reports to ensure data integrity within our operating systems. They will monitor every shipment, ensuring each move is done in the most cost-efficient way while providing service that exceeds the customer’s expectations. Geographic knowledge is essential to this position.
60% • Build relationships with Agent Operations personnel to secure resources to service customers.
• Use flexibility and creative problem-solving skills to address changes, failures and truck overflows.
• Assign shipments and coordinate network efficiencies to limit cost. This is done by negotiating load dates and combining shipments, authorizing drivers’ deadhead or labor compensation and utilizing alternative capacities.
• Monitor systems to identify and assign shipments that meet criteria by understanding the cities and travel routes of their territory.
25% • Monitor and maintain shipment status updates. Use judgment in expediting critical shipments which are identified based on product line, dates, level of sensitivity, size of load or price.
• These critical shipments are expedited by reworking trips and communicating changes to network contacts.
• Adjust trips in progress due to late registrations, weight or date adjustments, equipment breakdown etc.
10% • Determine when to seek out alternative means of transport when conventional resources are unavailable.
5% 1. Evaluate processes within Operations to improve efficiencies for all members of business segment.
2. Suggest improvements to management and follow through with implementation which may include training of fellow employees.
• High School diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 2-4 Years transportation experience
• Negotiation, critical thinking, customer service, the ability to maintain professionalism under stress and a basic geographic understanding
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA