Plant Manager (Bristol)
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Strong advocate for safety and support the SafetyWay program, leading by example to influence safe work behaviors and ensure safety procedures, training and policies are followed.
- Coordinate daily plant activities within the three Bristol plants and the Wooster plant, reviewing plan with supervisors and department managers to insure the production and schedule objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain department to manage raw materials, work-in-process and coordinate finished goods inventory to meet company stocking requirements and inventory turn goals.
- Work closely with Innovation and Technology and the R&D departments on activities in the Bristol plants as they refine, redesign and create new products for the marketplace.
- Work closely with Quality Control, Environmental Health & Safety and Technical departments to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Confers with Corporate and Senior Management to insure manufacturing objectives and customer requirements are being met.
- Good communication with Sales and Customer Service to review customer issues and complaints. Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Guide and support Maintenance and Engineering for process and facility improvement projects and managing capital expenditures.
- Monitor overall plant performance for safety, quality, production and customer service standards.
- Monitor operational expenses and research ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
- Provide direction, development and leadership to production supervisors and the Bristol management team.
- Analyze workforce requirements and coordinate the hiring and training of all manufacturing personnel.
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement and sustainment using LeanSigma methodologies and 5S organizational tools throughout all departments.
This position requires:
Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Business field with 10-15 years manufacturing experience and a minimum 5 years in a plant leadership role. Lean Manufacturing experience is highly recommended.
“Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Bristol, TN, USA