Intern- New Business Development
Our internships are designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of the department you’re placed in, as well as an overview of every department’s contribution to our business as a whole.
The New Business Development Internship is uniquely constructed to give you hands-on, real-world experience with market research and new product/market validation, while challenging you to develop the leadership and collaboration skills that will propel you toward a rewarding career.
This internship will begin in the summer of 2020.
- Researching market data using Internet sources for assigned market study
- Performing competitive and product analysis, assembling company profiles, assessing market potential and growth rate, and determining technical fit (Seaman Corporation’s DNA Profile)
- Participating in Voice of Customer Interviews
- Utilizing market research firms to acquire market data and/or initiate a market study
- Gaining an understanding of the products we currently produce to better gauge new market fit
- Interacting with Innovation & Technology team members on technical questions and product fit
- Formulating project alternatives and a final recommendation for a new product/market
- Presenting findings to Executive Leadership
Increasing Business & Department Knowledge:
- Learning roles and responsibilities of positions within the New Business Development and Innovation & Technology departments
- Interacting with the New Business Development Team throughout the internship to learn and gain feedback
- May attend industry trade show and/or conferences, customer and/or sales visit(s)
- May work on promotional materials for product launch phase
- Conducting location visits to gather field data
- Current college junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business with a Marketing focus
- Must have at least a 2.8 GPA (3.0 or 3.2+ preferred)
- Must be involved in at least 1 extra-curricular activity or volunteer activity
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to present a comprehensive summary of the research process conducted during the internship and the subsequent findings to Executive Leadership in a professional setting
- Ability to analyze data and decipher information
- Must be able to provide own transportation and housing for duration of internship
“Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA