Intern- FiberTite Technical
Our internships are designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of the department you’re placed in, as well as an overview of every department’s contribution to our business as a whole.
The FiberTite Technical Internship is uniquely constructed to give you a hands-on, real-world experience with a manufacturer of architectural building products while challenging you to develop the leadership and collaboration skills that will propel you toward a rewarding career.
This internship will begin in the summer of 2020.
- Designing a wind uplift calculator tool for quick analysis for customers
- Work with Building Codes Specialist and 3rd party to design a Roof Builder app- 3D application for users to construct a 3D model of a roof assembly with links to FiberTite products for roof specification design, with cross-reference to related Building Code Approvals
- Presentation of project to Executive Leadership
Increasing Business & Department Knowledge:
- Learning roles and responsibilities of positions within the FiberTite Technical Department
- Gaining an understanding of the products we produce
- Interacting with the Technical Team throughout the internship to learn and gain feedback
- Sophomore or above in Engineering or Construction Management
- Must have at least a 2.8 GPA
- Must be involved in at least 1 extra-curricular activity or volunteer activity
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to present a comprehensive summary of the research process conducted during the internship and the subsequent findings to Executive Leadership in a professional setting
- Must be able to provide own transportation and housing for duration of internship
“Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA