The Process Engineer plans, directs, and coordinates activities of a designated department or project to support business plan and strategic initiatives. The role has primarily responsibility for evaluating equipment and manufacturing processes to determine strategies and modifications which provide improved quality, productivity, and efficiency.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Equipment Analysis - Analyze equipment and process conditions to ensure optimum utilization of machines and equipment in the production of quality industrial fabrics.
- Project Management – Develop and coordinate project plans, review vendor proposals, manage project team activities, communicate changes, provide progress updates, and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Actively support LeanSigma and Continuous Process Improvement - Gather information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine work flow, time requirements and costs; develop strategies and programs that improve safety, quality, efficiency, and productivity.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise for process and quality teams in troubleshooting process, equipment and/or product quality, to achieve objectives.
- Provide support to Quality Control, Product Development, and Customer Service on quality issues, source inspections and NSF audits.
- Monitor assigned operations to assure compliance with approved methods and standards.
- Write specifications and monitor and assist with shop floor drawings and other related technical activities.
- Work with Maintenance department on equipment repairs, modifications, installations, and startup.
- Create, update, and maintain Standard Work Procedures and Process Specifications for production lines.
- Work with PLC systems and software to control and monitor production equipment; work with vendor on software setup.
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding purchase of new equipment or modernization of existing production and processing equipment.
- Develop opportunities to reduce scrap/waste and find outlets that will purchase scrap/waste.
- Provide off-shift coverage on low yield products and R&D trials as needed.
- Support safety programs and initiatives to ensure safe work environment and promote safe practices in alignment with company policies and procedures.
This position requires:
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years related experience. Prefer mechanical background, Lean Manufacturing, and functional experience with PLC and AutoCAD. Web handling experience is a plus.
“Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA