Industrial Fabrics Application Engineer
The IFD Application Engineer leads customer-anchored product development projects from the point of IFD approval through completion. While the IFD Application Engineer is the project leader reporting directly into IFD, the IFD Application Engineer will seek support and expertise through Operations in the form of process engineering support. In addition, the IFD Application Engineering will seek expertise from Innovation & Technology (I&T) for formulation, fabric design and test method development on an as-needed basis. I&T will also be a resource for laboratory testing. As a secondary role, the IFD Application Engineer will provide technical support to IFD customers through selection of proper products for applications and in teaching customers how to utilize IFD products in the customer’s fabrication process.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Create and manage a project plan focusing on next steps in achieving project objectives.
- Identify internal resource needs to execute project and engage and influence as needed to drive project to completion.
- Surface resource constraints to IFD leadership as it relates to internal resources for prioritization support.
- Communicate as needed to ensure project team understands actions needed and overall project status.
- Utilize expertise of self and others to develop options to achieve product performance objectives including cost-target objectives.
- Create prototypes as needed for laboratory and market evaluation.
- Create specifications such as recipes, routings, physical properties, testing protocol, and process conditions.
- Engage and communicate with suppliers or third parties as necessary.
- Closely manage transition from development to manufacturing with plant process engineering including hands-on management of trial runs and scale-up orders.
Customer and Market Engagement:
- Directly engage customer(s) to gain insight into product performance requirements, prototype evaluation methods, prototype feedback, and timeline expectations of project.
- Proactively follow up with customers to gain feedback and status on projects as well as proactively provide updates on internal activities.
- Provide technical support to customers as requested on a timely basis.
Actively participate as member of the IFD management team.
This position requires:
4-year college degree in Engineering or related STEM discipline. Minimum experience is 5-10 years working in a comparable role in a B2B manufacturing environment.
“Seaman Corporation values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants based on experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, Seaman Corporation is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Seaman Corporation does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform Human Resources.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA