Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Psychiatric Technician - PT NOC
Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,500 people at 37 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
The LVN/LPT provides direct client care including medications, and supervises nursing activities performed by professional and para-professional nursing personnel on the unit.
- Visually and audibly observes, documents in writing and reports orally or in writing the physical or mental condition to the Registered Nurse in charge of the facility on the shift and the attending physician.
- Orders, prepares, administers and documents the administration of medication for clients according to physician’s orders.
- Confirms delivery of all ordered medication from pharmacy on shift worked.
- Responsible for writing daily summary on clients as assigned.
- Attend and participate in morning rounds, change of shift meetings, and treatment team meetings as scheduled on the assignment sheet.
- Makes written or oral shift assignments and plans, organizes and directs the nursing activities of the unit, assuring quality care delivery.
- Provides other nursing duties including first aide and medical intervention within scope of licensure as necessary for each individual client.
- Assists in crisis intervention (including the use of ProACT) and provide support and assistance in problem resolution.
- Valid California License Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) license
- Graduation from an accredited school of Vocational Nursing or Psychiatric Technology
- One (1) year experience treating the mentally ill in an inpatient setting
- One (1) year medication administration experience
- Associate's degree, preferred
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Valid California Driver's License
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Certification
- Long Beach, CA, USA