Licensed Psychiatric Technician / LVN (TAY)
Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,500 people at 37 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
JOB FACILITY: Transitional Aged Youth (TAY) is a 16-bed facility that provides acute inpatient psychiatric services to transitioned aged youth (16-24) adults (25-64), and older adult 65+.
JOB SUMMARY: The LVN / LPT provides direct client care including medications, and supervises nursing activities performed by professional and para-professional nursing personnel on the unit.
Graduation from an accredited school of licensed vocational nursing or psychiatric technology required.
Associate's degree, preferred.
One (1) year service experience treating the mentally ill in an inpatient setting.
One (1) year medication administration experience required.
License or Certification
Valid California LVN or LPT license.
Current CPR certification.
Ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with severely disordered clients, staff of differing culture and social backgrounds, physicians and the public.
Demonstrated understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment.
Demonstrated team leadership skills.
Knowledge of medications, especially psychotropic, and ability to obtain a passing grade in a Medication Exam.
Ability to physically perform containment, escort, and restraint procedures with assaultive clients.
Ability to physically assist in lifting and carrying assaultive clients weighing up to 200 lbs.
Ability to visually and audibly assess client's behavior and needs.
Ability to stand for long periods of time preparing and administering medications.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category I)
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
Demonstrated use of Professional Assault Response Training.
Demonstrated use of Standard Precautions.
- Quality Patient Care
- Clinical Documentation/EMR
- Community or Facility Safety and Risk
- Visually and audibly observes, documents in writing and reports orally or in writing the physical or mental condition to the Registered Nurse in charge of the facility on the shift and the attending physician.
- Confirms delivery of all ordered medication from pharmacy on shift worked.
- Responsible for writing daily summary on clients as assigned.
- Attend and participate in morning rounds, change of shift meetings, and treatment team meetings as scheduled on the assignment sheet.
- Makes written or oral shift assignments and plans, organizes and directs the nursing activities of the unit, assuring quality care delivery.
- Provides other nursing duties including first aide and medical intervention within scope of licensure as necessary for each individual client.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct nursing care and supervises same provided by all nursing staff the shift worked.
- May assist in coordinating and arrange other appointments.
- Participates in in-service education as required by State and facility regulations.
- Monitors and maintains appropriate nursing documentation in the medical record for shift worked.
- Communicates pertinent information verbally and in writing to all team members.
- Prepares, presents and coordinates or supervises a verbal or written change of shift report.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employees will also perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by the DON or his/her designee as needed.
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fresno, CA, USA