Licensed Vocational Nurse
Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,500 people at 37 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
Excellent Opportunity for an Experienced LVN – FT/On-Call
“We’re Changing Lives…Theirs and Yours” Located in the heart of the beautiful South Bay area in Torrance, CA Star View Adolescent Center (SVAC) is looking for an experienced and caring LVNs. SVAC is a multi-service psychiatric program with an acute care Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF), Community Treatment Facility (CTF), Day Treatment Intensive Program (DTI) and nonpublic High School.
Star View Adolescent Center is part of Stars Behavioral Health Group. Please learn more about us and our Torrance facility at www.starsinc.com. Click on “Programs and Locations” and then click on “Star View AC – Torrance” (not to be confused with “Star View CS – Torrance”, a non-residential community-based program.
The On-Call LVN is responsible for all phases of medication administration and care management. Will participate in treatment team meetings, assist Youth Counselors with daily assignments and provide direct nursing care clients.
- Graduation from an accredited school of licensed vocational nursing or psychiatric technology required.
- LVN - Associate's degree, preferred.
- One (1) year experience with SED children or 40 hours on the job training.
- One (1) year medication administration experience preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience with SED children if serving as facility manager.
License or Certification
- Valid California LVN License.
- Current CPR certification. First Aid certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of employment.
Star View Adolescent Center offer a competitive salary, plus a comprehensive health benefits package (medical, dental, and vision), life insurance, AFLAC supplemental health insurance, generous paid time off plans, Employee Stock Ownership Plan(ESOP), and 401K Savings Plan with employer matching contribution.
As a condition of employment, applicants will be required to pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and TB test. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education Certification
- Torrance, CA, USA